~~~

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sheer Elegance card for OCCC Border Punch Challenge


I have enjoyed making cards for challenges so much that I decided to try the one that OCCC had up this week for the border challenge. I love using my border punches, so this was really fun for me. I haven't had the chance to use this image before either, because it is such a large image and didn't work well with my other cards. I think it turned out pretty well. It doesn't have alot of embellishments, but doesn't seem to need them. I think the border punch really enhanced the look of the card, and I hand sewed the metallic silver thread through the holes that the punch left. I used my copic markers as well as watercolored and chalked this image. It has a bit of everything ; )
Thanks for dropping by for a peek. Let me know what you think.



7 comments:

Elaine said...

Gorgeous! I love the border and what a great image.

Cindy Haffner said...

Perfect, thanks for playing.

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

So gorgeous, take me to Rome! Grin. Thanks for the award!

Priscilla said...

WOW!!! I love this card :)

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful. I love how she takes center stage on the card! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous and elegant!!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

This is awesome! I love the colors! Perfection!