~~~

Friday, August 14, 2009

Clematis Flower Digi Card...I'm A Digi Newbie!



Hi everyone! I took a little leave of absence from the MMSC for the next entry since my husband was home, and I wasn't sure if I would have time to get my entry in on time. I will be back for the MMSC16 though. In the meantime, I thought I would share this card I made with one of the MMSC sponsors Sue's digi image. I was not thrilled with the way my card came out, so I didn't want to post this earlier, but I do love her images, so I wanted to share for you to see her wonderful work. I will have to try this again. I am not great with the digi's yet, so I think it will take me some practice to get it right. I have a terrible time sizing and printing the digi's. My MMSC16 card will be another digi image, so let's see if I can do any better with that one. Let me know what you think when you see them both together. Remember, it will not be the MMSC15, but the one following that. Thanks! I will appreciate your input.

10 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Wow wow wow this is one beauty of a creation that image you have coloured beautifully but I also love the other techniques you have used with the punches everything looks just perfect.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Sue McMahon said...

What paper punch is this????? I was trying to explain this to Michelle and Denise at CHA and they looked at me like I was nuts. Ok, I am nuts, but still...what is this punch? :)

And of course, you know I love the fact that you are trying to use my images. I know you are WAY OUT of your comfort zone. But that's what makes us grow and learn. You are learning to use digi's and I'm learning what people need to know on how to use digis! :)

I love it! You keep it up, gurlfriend!

Anonymous said...

Wow Carolyn this card is magnificent! I still haven't tried digi stamps....I think I'm afraid, lol. I may give it go though after seeing yours!

Abby:)

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Carolyn, this is really gorgeous... Don't be so hard on yourself. ;) I know what you mean about struggling with re-sizing. I'm still learning too. This really is wonderful!

Sue McMahon said...

Congrats on making Card of the Week! See Michelle is right! You shouldn't be so hard on yourself! :) Great job!!!

stampin at the lake said...

Don't know why you are unhappy with your card. It looks great to me. I also love the border! What punch is it? Keep the ideas coming.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Carolyn!! Beautifully done!!!Hope you are having a fab weekend!!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Just beautiful, love the digi, coloring and all the coloring on the card itself.

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, just wanted to pop in & leave you a comment because you have such a delightful site ! I've loved looking at your pictures and reading your posts - they are great !

Thank you so much for sharing them

Priscilla said...

Looks like you are having fun with Sue's digis :) Her work is getting to be really amazing. You have taken this image and made such a Wonderful keepsake.

Priscilla