~~~

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Vintage St. Patrick's Day Girl Collage Card




















Well, here is another of my firsts. This is a week of firsts for me I guess. I wanted to make a card for St. Patrick's Day and could not find a stamp that I could use, so I decided to give one of these vintage prints a try. I normally am not fond of the vintage prints, because they sort of take away from the whole stamping/art part of creating a card. However, I did find it fun to really glitz up the image as well as add some really pretty collage accents to make this card more fun. So, wa la, I now have a St. Patrick's Day card. I may even try to do one of these again sometime. I guess artists should always be open to trying new things even if the first impressions may not always come off as an instant love. If you happen to stop by, please tell me what you think.


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!


Carolyn






2 comments:

Sonya said...

Carolyn, this is so cute!!! I love the sparkle! I've seen so many people use these vintage prints and I think they are beautiful. Where do you find them? Is there any kind of limitations on how you can use them?

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Beautiful! Where did you get the green colored paper doiles? And the curly swirls. I love it, can't stop gazing at it.. so inspiring.. I plan to do some vintage print cards but still working on it. :)