~~~

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Elegant Altered Journal and Bookmark Set MMSC6







Welcome to week 6 of the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenges. I am occasionally trying some new things with my craft, and this week, again, I decided to try something new for me. I have done an altered journal. These are alot of fun to do and actually make great gifts for just about any occasion, so if you make a couple and have them on hand, you can be ready with a gift at any time. I made a matching bookmark with mine, because it just seemed fitting with a journal to have something to match that could mark the page that you stopped at. The sketch was a bit challenging for this, but I think I stayed pretty well on track with it. The lace around the binding wraps around to the back side of the book where there is a cream-colored satin ribbon that graces the middle of the binding, and the papers on the back match as well. The raised window in the center of the journal encases the four tiny roses and is surrounded by wrapped pearls. I think that I could do something like this again.
This week we are proud to say the“MIDNIGHT MADNESS MASTERPIECE” Gold Star Award goes to.....LORELIE Congratulations, enjoy your award and please display it proudly!

This week the MMDT has nominated a very special person for the “Midnight Madness Inspiration” Award. She was nominated for many reasons, but here are just a few. She is always so sweet with her compliments and always seems to find the small "details" in others work. She really is paying attention to what others create, even though her time is so limited. Her devotion not only to God, her family but also her friends is continually apparent. Thank you for all your encouragement, motivation, for setting such an excellent example and for being a part of the Midnight Madness Design Team. This week we would like to honor.....
CHRIS
Stop by and check out her Blog!
Chris, display this Award proudly!
You are a delight to work with. CONGRATULATIONS!

I hope that you will join us in the fun this week. We love to see all of your creations and thank those of you who have played with us all along.

19 comments:

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Is this your first altered Journal? I sure love the colors, lace and pearls and the bookmark is a wonderful finishing touch. Great Job!

Elaine said...

Truly lovely, Carolyn!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Beautiful Job Carolyn! Love your take on the sketch.

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

WOW Carolyn....this is stunning! The colors and details are fab and love the roses in the center. Awesome job on the sketch. A beautiful gift for someone special. I need to try one of these!!
Simply beautiful!
Hugs,
Charlotte

Shauna K said...

Great job! From the colors to the roses and bows, and I love the bookmark! Wonderful job :)

Unknown said...

very creative....i love all the colors!

Shawne said...

Very pretty journal carolyn, I like the warm colors, it looks like a fun project, BTW I love your gatefold card!

Priscilla said...

Hi Carolyn, your project is just delightful..I love those center roses. The roses look so real under the protective cover.. I just want to lift up the cover and smells them :) So pretty.

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Such delicate flower, lace , so feminine !

Michelle's Daydreams said...

I love the warm feminine feel of your journal Carolyn! Aren't they fun to make?! I think this sketch is perfect for it. :)

Anonymous said...

Your journal is stunning! The colors and the roses in the center are so beautiful!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Carolyn!! Love your journal with the crocheted lace and elegant roses!! Beautiful!! Love your take on the sketch!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sweet comment on my blog!! It means so much to me!! I so admire your work and your sweet personality!! YOU inspire me in so many ways! So glad to be on the team with you! Thanks again!
blessings,
Chris

Beautiful Greetings said...

Gorgeous journal Carolyn! I love your blog and have a blog award for you at http://beautifulgreetings.blogspot.com/.

Also! I need you to send me your address so I can send your monkeys to you! for some reason they came to my house instead of yours. I will get them shipped out to you ASAP!
peggyrussell@centurytel.net

Moni said...

Waw I love it, it is so gorgeous. Love the flowers in the center of the book! Hugs, Moni

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Carolyn. So elegant. I just realised I forgot to post your candy and add myslef to your followers. I have now done that. I have been having trouble with blogger lately where I can't leave comments or it doesn't show follower lists. Anyhoo I think it's fixed now.

Thanks
Roberta

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! This is so beautiful!! ;) TFS!

Sue said...

This is lovely. Who wouldn't want to be on your gift list!!!! I love the roses in the center. The matching bookmark is a perfect touch.

Ashley Lydia Durand said...

This is so beautiful, very inspirational, I especially love the roses. Plus i love that vintage shabby sheek look. I want to make a journal now lol awesome job im glad i found your blog !I am pretty new to theblog world, I wil lbe having a blog candy withing the months of june i will announce it my blog is : http://justbecausecardsandmore.blogspot.com/