~~~

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Shadow box card...Christmas Cardinals...

Hi Everyone~  We just got back from vacation.  I will try to get some pics together to show you in a later post, but I wanted to get another Christmas in July card or two in before July is over, and this is one that I had ready to go.  I did however misplace the pictures of the inside of this card, and I don't have time to take more right now, but I did make an inside to this regardless of the fact that the tutorial does not show that this should even have an inside.  I guess that shadow box cards are suppose to be fronts only, but I just did not like the idea of not having an inside to show a sentiment or write a note.  

This is another first for me.  I have never tried to make a shadow box card before, and as you all know, this is my month for trying new techniques, so here is my first shadow box.  I do like them, and I am really liking all of the new things that I have recently tried with my cards.  I think I will have to attempt these new things more often instead of always feeling so intimidated by them. 

I do like the look of this, and this is one of my favorite Christmas images that I own, so you will see this one again a few more times from me.   I was considering giving this one to my Dad for Christmas, but I am not sure that bow would be considered in any way ok on a masculine card.  I will have to think about this one before the holidays get here. 







I hope that you enjoyed your visit and a look at my first shadow box card.  I also hope that you are being inspired to try new things as you visit me and see that they really are not all that bad to give a try.   Thanks for coming in for a look today, and I hope you will drop me a line and let me know what you think of another one of my firsts. 

Have a wonderful summer day, because before you know it, the Christmas in July days will be gone, and Christmas, along with the cold weather will be quickly approaching us once again!!

I have entered this card into the following challenges:
ABC Christmas: Ornaments and glossy accents..I used both!
Aud Sentiments: Your own Christmas sentiment
Polka Doodles: Christmas in July
2 sisters: Christmas in July
ABC Challenge: Z..Zig Zag...if you look at my shadow box folds, it creates a zig zag effect.
Creative Inspirations: Anything goes


Hugs,

31 comments:

Unknown said...

what a beautiful card and such a cool technique I love it

Elizabeth C. said...

Great. I would have to post next to the most beautiful card of the bunch! :)

All of your gorgeous little details are just fantastic!

Stacy Walker said...

Very beautiful card. I love detail. Thank you for joining us at the 2 Sisters Challenge. I look forward to seeing your next creation.

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Carolyn! This is spectacular! Look at the snow! WOW! It looks like those bird could fly right offf your card! Beatiful!

Thanks for playing with us Carolyn. I love your work so it is good to have an extra excuse to come visit ;o)

Hugs
Gunn
MMSCDT

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt Carolyn - this is just amazing! I love your shadowbox card and all of that gorgeous detail! Your image are so glossy and vibrant! I love the vintage corners and your fabulous anow - totally a favourite with me! Love it! It is great that you have played along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love to see your creations and hope to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Nettie said...

This is stunning. I love all the detail. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, love all the detail. Thanks for joining us at ABC. Sue C x

Audrey said...

Wow! The detail on this shadow box card is amazing! It must have taken forever. I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Francie G. said...

Wow! Beautiful, beautiful!

Priscilla said...

Oh Carolyn, your card this week is OVER THE TOP GORGEOUS..REALLY REALLY REALYY!! One of my faves this week. Wowza.. not sure where to even start, so I will just say I LOVE everything about it. You have created a wonderful card for your entry this week. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Unknown said...

OMG this is STUNNING!! Your attention detail is just fab and the colours your chose wow, love the depth of colour. Actually I just love everything about your card, well done. Thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments.

Dorte said...

Great card , thanks for playing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge this week. Hugs Dorte GD

Denise @ kc242 said...

Carolyn, I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful time in Holland!
You sure were missed! This card of yours is divine. What a masterpiece. I simply love every detail! What a wonderful take on the
sketch challenge at Midnight Madness!
Denise

tbk100601 said...

Hi Carolyn!! What an absolutely GORGEOUS card!! Love your technique!! Maybe I will have to give this a shot in the future!! I LOVE everything about your card!! Thank you for playing along with us this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. We sure hope to see you and your wonderful creation again next week!!

Brenda

pam124 said...

My gosh Carolyn, you blew me out of the water with this one, or should I say blew me out of the Christmas snow!! Your layers, techniques, details and image are so stunning I'm speechless. What a beautiful take on Priscilla's sketch this week!
Thanks SO MUCH for joining the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and hope you can come play with us again next week!

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GD

pam124 said...

My gosh Carolyn, you blew me out of the water with this one, or should I say blew me out of the Christmas snow!! Your layers, techniques, details and image are so stunning I'm speechless. What a beautiful take on Priscilla's sketch this week!
Thanks SO MUCH for joining the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and hope you can come play with us again next week!

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GD

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

It's Wonderful, Do give it to your father, he will treasure it. I love this image also, love to see it again and again. Hugs, jane

Carol Hurlock said...

Hey Carolyn great to see you playing along with Midnight Madness this week. Your card is exquisite...but then again you work is always exquisite. I think I just might be inspired to try this soon. It is amazing. Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Jayne Hayward said...

Fantastic card - wow. Thanks for joining in with us on ABC Christmas Challenge Blog

Jayne xx

Julie said...

So pretty!! Love the touch of snow and glitter. Thanks for joining us at Aud sentiments

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Carolyn this is absolutely gorgeous I am so loving this shadow box and the image, colours and design are stunning I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Tracy Vinson said...

Hey Carolyn, super lovely card. I have came over several times and taken a peek at all the wonderful elements you have incorporated. We appreciate you putting your "best card forward" for our challenge. Hope to see you join us again soon. Blessings, Tracy--MMDT

Tracy said...

Wonderful Entry, thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Suzi Mac said...

OMG!! Carolyn, I thought your first card entered into the challenge was beautiful but this is even more so. What an utterly out of this world design this is. I'm gobsmacked at the detail. What can I say!!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations with your beautiful work.
Hugs
Suzi x

Emma and Susan said...

What a beautiful creation, you are so inventive, WOW, amazing you have knocked me over!! Thanks for joining us this week at Aud Sentiments. Good Luck!
Love Emma and Susan
xxx

Annie said...

a stunning Christmas card! thanks for joining in the fun with us on the ABC Christmas blog.
hugs, annie x

Helen said...

Wow - this is fabulous!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Tip Top said...

Beautiful! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

STUNNING!! This is a piece of ART!! I love all the layers and the details. I still haven't picked my jaw up off the floor. I'm begging you for a tutorial for this!!! PRETTY PLEASE!!

Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments this week. Hope you will come back and play along with us again.

Wendy

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge. Dee x

Jenni said...

Just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in with the Creative Inspirations challenge.
Jenni x