~~~

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Christmas in July?? MMSC8 Wood Bird Card





First, I want to apologize to all of those visiting to see my MMSC card and came to find it not posted. I had problems with my scheduler posting for me this morning. I am going to have to be more careful with this in the future. Thanks for making the trip to my blog to visit!!

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to week 8 of the MMSC challenges. Are you guys having as much fun with these as we are? This week's sketch was more of a challenge than most of them so far, but it's always good to push our limits and stretch our creativity. I admit, I attempted this card twice before I was happy with it. This was not intended to be a Christmas card, but somehow I think it came out looking like one anyway. I suppose it could still be used for an all occasion card, but I really got a Christmasy feel after it was completed, so I decided to go with a Christmas in July theme. Once again, I have incorporated some wood into this card, because I really can't get enough of it. If you haven't been over to Sue's to see her wood paper available, please go browse around. Once you try this stuff, you will not be able to live without it. I sort of went with a bit of a formal, vintage look on this card and added some dry embossing on the background paper. The inside was done with gift giving in mind. The top portion of the inside has been made into a double pocket where you can add a personal note, gift card, money or whatever you would like. I have also made a nice, thick box envelope to match this card and send it out in style. I haven't decided yet, but I may end up stamping a holiday sentiment inside on this one if I think that it will end up being a Christmas card.
So, now it's your turn to come up with something beautiful, cute or creative for this sketch. Can't wait to have a look at the entries.
Have a great day!


Here is a bit of info from Priscilla's blog to share with all of you:
CASH AND BONUS AWARDSSit back and stay awhile..we have lots to share with you!!! First things first, if you have played with us make SURE you are "following". I will check when we pull the names tomorrow to make sure before posting the winners. You have till Midnight EST 6-30-09 to follow, get your MMSC7 entries in for last weeks sketch and the last chance at our June monthly CASH GRAND PRIZE. So you still have time to fill up that piggy bank even more and double the money with more followers. We have had over 200 entries this month and remember it was .25 cents per entry, plus if we reached our Follower goal of 320 I would DOUBLE the cash... we are just a few short when it comes to the follower goal, so I encourage you to make a last ditch effort to spread the word. We can do it!!! :) One cash winner and one bonus winner will be drawn tomorrow (Wednesday 7-1), so be sure to check back for that update. (as always, if you miss the deadline, you are still welcome to leave a comment with your url so we can still check out your work)
MIDNIGHT MADNESS MASTERPIECE AWARDEach week we awarding a special Badge Award to one person for their outstanding sketch submission. If you would like to be considered for this award, please make sure your card link is posted to Mr. Linky by Sunday of each week. This is our way of let you know how wonderfully talented you are and how much we appreciate you sharing your craft with us. This week we are proud to say the“MIDNIGHT MADNESS MASTERPIECE” Gold Star Award goes to.....
DiEnjoy your award and please display it proudly!(if you would like the blinkie code, just email me ;)
MM DESIGN TEAM AWARDThis week the MMDT has nominated a very radiant person for the “Midnight Madness Sunshine Award” for her never ending bright attitude. Like her personality, her cards are always so colorful and brilliant. Her always cheery presents fuels the Midnight Madness Designer team’s perky and uplifted spirits each and every day. Thank you for being our sunshine girl.. Today, We would like to honor ..........
Michelle Stop by and check out her Blog!So glad you are on our team, you are a ray of shineshine!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GUEST DESIGNER CALLThe Midnight Madness Design Team is on a SEARCH!!! We are looking for our very first “Guest Designer Diva”
Is it YOU? If you are chosen as our first "Midnight Madness Guest Designing Diva" here is what will happen…..1. You will be working side by side with our design team for one full month and be submitting one sample card per week for our Midnight Madness sketch Challenges.2. Reap all the benefits and sponsor perks of being on the team for that month.3. You will get to display and keep a custom“Midnight Madness Guest Designer Diva” badge for your blog. NOTE: We welcome EVERYONE to play and a blog is NOT required to be on our design team.We are currently seeking a Diva(or Dude) for the month of Aug. Here is what you need to do if you are interested.
1. Leave us a comment below stating that you are interested
2. Enter as many MM challenges in July as you can.
3. take note of what we are looking for….CONSISTENCE WITH WEEKLY ENTRIESQUALITY WORKMANSHIPCREATIVITYAND A TOUCH OF MADNESS (we are a fun group ;)We will be judging the cards submitted for the weekly challenges in July. We will announce our very first Diva (or Dude) on July 29th. JULY GRAND PRIZES and OUR VERY FIRST SPONSORSHIP..
This month we would like to thank
“Lindy’s Stamp Gang”
for their very generous donation to our monthly grand prize. They have just spoiled our DT with a boat load of free products and I have heard nothing but rave reviews from the team. THANK YOU Tracey! I used the Phantom Fuchsia “Moon Shadow Ink” on my card this week. I am hooked!!! The beautiful brilliant iridescent ink colored my background half circle paper, edges and my flower on this weeks sketch sample card. Take a close look at how pretty the shimmer is by clicking to enlarge. I can not wait to get to work with some of these other products to see what they can really do :) Very exciting!! I invite you all to check out their wonderful line of products and be sure to tell them the “Midnight Madness” sent you. They even have fabulous videos Here! I promise you will not be disappointed in their fantastic Stains, Powders, Glitz Spritz, Inks and two-toned Embossing Powders, just to name a few. Along with “Lindy’s Stamp Gangs” awesome donation, I have thrown in some Stampin Up products to sweeten the pot even MORE for you :)
Drawing #1From “Lindy’s Stamp Gang” 1 pack of (3) Filigrees vintage style Keys1 Moon Glow Blazing Copper Pigment Powder1 Moon Glow Angel Wings Sapphire Embossing Powder1 Moon Glow Tiger Lily Red Orange Starburst Spray1 Moon Glow Frosted Forget Me Nots Starburst Stain1 Moon Glow Bluebeard Blue Violet Moon Shadow Mist1 Fern sample direction cardFrom Priscilla’s "Stampin Up"store1 Soft Subtles Brad Set (200 count)2 Anywhere Glue Sticks1 Snail Adhesive refill1 Stampin Dimensionals pack (300 count)1 pack of Whisper White Medium Envelopes1 Polka Dots & Paisley Stamp Set ofFrom kc242 Designs by Denise“Challenge Blog Candy”??? Oh Yeah!!It is a double bonus for our players this month.. Our team member Denise has so generously offered up some challenge blog candy as well this month. For every entry to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenges this month, you will go in the drawing for the GRAND PRIZE Month end awards. As an added BONUS…if you "FOLLOW" Denise’s blog and leave her a comment, you will get an EXTRA entry in the month end drawing, so hop on over to Denise’s blog, stay a spell, post a comment and be sure to click the follow button.Check our her“Challenge Blog Candy” below!!
Drawing #2Denise's Candy includes:1 48pg. 12x12 Cardstock stack Debbie Mumm Travel1 87 Sheet Cardstock Border Punch Strips Brights1 New Birthday Stamps Happen Large Wooden mounted stamp1 Home Sweet Home Accordian Book Kit by KC& Company4 stickles
Grand prize entries will last MMSC8-MMSC12 and the winners will be drawn on Aug 5th WAIT…WE'RE NOT DONE YET!!!Starting July 1st our Midnight Madness Mad Money Piggy Bank is going to take up residents on our side bar!!!… It will be filled up again with random amounts of CASH!! We have a running spread sheet of every player that has played the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge to date. (Thank you Phyllis) We will keep updating the list when ever a new player joins. We are going to have random drawings and if the person whose name we pulled has played our sketch challenge the prior week, they will win the Mad Money Cash from the Piggy Bank. The amounts will be random as well and could range anywhere from $5 up to $100.. so all you have to do is play and check back from time to time. The random Mad Money Name will pop up on the side bar and that person will have 24 hours to post a comment under the current challenge to claim their CASH prize money!!! (to be paid via PayPal) We will even do random drawings off our FOLLOWERS list as well.



15 comments:

Shawne said...

Stunning, so many wonderful details to look at!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Great Details, Carolyn! I think I 'd better get started on some christmas ones too :)

Denise @ kc242 said...

Carolyn, I just LOVE this little birdy card! Beautiful from beginning to end!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Umm, I didn't think of Christmas, I DID think it was fabulous. Love the bird and wood accent paper.

coldwaters2 said...

This is one fabulous card and I love it the colours are gorgeous the flowers exquisite and the image is divine. It works great as a Christmas card but I have been looking at all your design and it would suit any occasion.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn, gorgeous card! I love seeing any card with even a touch of Christmas, especially in the middle of summer!

Abby:)

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! This is so gorgeous!! Such a beautiful creation!! TFS! ;)

Chrissy's Creations said...

Just beautiful, I love the details.

Unknown said...

Fabulous art!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Carolyn, Thank you for your lovely comments on my cards....great minds think alike!!
I had my son looking at all the DT cards with me yesterday morning and he loved yours, he just thought the bird was so sweet and the colors and flowers too! He has excellent taste for a 5 year old!! Your cards always make me smile, the details and delicacy of them show how much time you put into your creations. Absolutely beautiful!
Hugs,
Charlotte

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful card hun, and I love the sketch,the colors,the flowers, and the stamped bird you used on this!! Great job:)

Hugs,
Cheryl

Sue said...

I love Christmas cards any time of the year. This is beautiful. Love the bird and the colors you chose.

Thanks so much for your over the top comment on my blog......made my day!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Carolyn, this card is so lovely, I think it would work for Christmas or even an anniversary or wedding card. I love the rose image on the inside of the card. It's very romantic. :)

Sue McMahon said...

I love Christmas in July! Your card is so pretty. Makes me want to break out my Chrismtas stuff early and get a head start!

Priscilla said...

Better late than never :) Well, what should I say...you know I am a big fan ;) Just trying to make my rounds before we are in for another week..I am so excited about this next week..wait till you see the cards :)