~~~

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

MMSC17 String of Love Snowman... A touch of the Holidays





Hi Everyone~

Before I start my description, I want to share with you all and also give a huge, warm welcome to our Midnight Madness September Guest Designer Diva: Carol Hurlock. She is so super talented, and we are thrilled to be working alongside her this month. If you haven't already seen her work, please do stop by her blog. You will be so amazed at her talent and find lots of inspiration to create some of your own pieces. It's worth the trip! CONGRATULATIONS, CAROL! I am so looking forward to working with you this month.
I want to give a special thank you to our September sponsor DRS who provided us with such wonderful stamps to work with. My card this week is just one of many wonderful stamps that they have available. Go over to their site and check out the huge variety of images. I am sure you will find many that you will love.

Also, thank you to our weekly sponsor 7 Kids College Fund who is also another fabulous site for the ever-popular Tilda images and so much more. While your out blog hopping, please do give them a visit.

See Priscilla's blog for other MMSC info.....

Now, onto my card for the week:

I know that this is the favorite time of year for many people. It really is beautiful with all the Fall colors to be looking forward to, but I have to tell you. I stepped out of the house this morning to take my son to his bus stop, and the Fall chill in the air was more than I was ready for. We sort of got cheated out of our summer here in Western Pennsylvania this year, and it saddens me to see what little of our warm weather fading away so quickly. I have always found Spring to be a happier time of year for me, but I had better gear myself up and get ready for the cold and snow soon.....So, with that in mind, I thought I would share a happier part of winter with you. I decided to do a little early winter fun snowman card for this challenge. He sure looks happy to be out there in that cold, doesn't he? I tweaked this sketch just a bit to fit my theme, but I could not resist adding some snowballs and snowflakes to this scene. I also used some snow tex for real snow texture and glistened up the snowman so that he just sparkles. I used some pink glitter in the background...not only because I seem to love to stickles everything I touch, but I thought it might give a feel of a winter day at dusk. I hope you like my happy, chilly snowman, and I look forward to seeing the many different takes that everyone else has on this sketch. Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your comments, and if you haven't already done so, don't forget to add your name to the blog candy.


15 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how sweet is that snowman!! Love all the texture you added and the details!! Magnificent MMSC17 creation!! You always rock these sketches girl!!
hugs,
Chris

Terri's Cards N More said...

Beautiful card. Gets you in the holiday mood.

Sonya said...

Love, love, love your card Carolyn! Inside & out, each detail is perfect! So pretty :)

Keep Smiling! ~ Sonya
Midnight Madness Design Team
http://thepinkpaperpenguin.blogspot.com

Sandra said...

Hi Carolyn know how you feel we had a terrible summer and the weather is chilly here today but feels good!!
Love you card, very pretty paper!!

Hugs Sandy

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

AHHH, I just love this little snowman Carolyn, all the sparkles make him look fabulous. Colors of your card are beautiful and the corner punch adds a special touch of softness to it. The snow effect is stunning...looks so real! Awesome details and a gorgeous card. Beautiful!
Hugs,
Charlotte

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

I'm not ready yet for the change of seasons either!

If it's gotta come, your snowman is adorable, he has got all the right string of words to charm anyone, LOL. Great coloring and embellishments, and what a great greeting inside and pretty lace, I think you always decorate your cards so nice. Love It!!!

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a lovely Snowman Card. I like the pink background. I seem to use stickles on about everything too as well as crystal lacquer. I agree you always rock these challenges. This card is lovely through and through!

Sue McMahon said...

I know I've been dong Christmas but I haven't been doing snow. UGH! It will be here before I know it. At least I have your super cutie of a snowman to ease me into the season! :) Beautiful card inside and out! I just don't know where you come up with all your creativity! :)

Sue

Shawne said...

Hey lady! I wanted to comment on your shabby card a few days ago, my laptop wouldn't let me, so it is amazing but this little guy makes me smile, it is gorgeous in these colors!can't wait for Christmas and all the glittery cards that come and all of your adorable christmas shakers! hugs

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Carolyn, this card is just SO heart warming! I know it's snowy and supposed to be cold, but the dp you've used and the embellishments along with it just make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! It's just so sweet! I really love it!

Carol Hurlock said...

How adorable your snowman card is. I love the texture for the snow and the pink background. The little snowballs and snowflakes are a delightful addition. And the inside of the card is spectacular. Just a wonderful all around pleasing and attractive creation. Thank you for the wonderful and warm welcome. I sure do appreciate it.

Hugs,
Carol

Rosemary said...

OMG!! Your snowman is ADORABLE!!! Beautiful card!

cabio's craft corner said...

Caroly, this is stunningly beautiful. Love the glittery background and the adorable image on the front and the inside is gorgeous as well. Pretty!
Hugs,
Cabio

Unknown said...

what a great card...i am such a sucker for Christmas cards....especially snowmen!!!!

Lin said...

I love this card, the gorgeous simplistic snowman image fits so beautifully with those pretty background papers. The punched corners are cute too.

Thanks for your comments on my challenge entry too.

Lin