~~~

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Shabby Chic Sweet Childhood Kisses Card




Hi Everyone~
Well, today is the first day of school! Yes, I could be cleaning...I could be running errands....BUT, I really wanted to try out the challenge over at the Let's get shabby blog. I have never done a shabby chic card before or at least not knowingly ; ) I am not so sure I have an eye or insight into what shabby chic really is, but I love the look of the cards over there and other cards that I have seen that say shabby chic, so I took a stab at it. I would so love to do more cards like this if I can get the hang of it. Let me know what you think, and if you have any tips that you think might help me out, I would graciously appreciate them.
I posted this card in color and in black and white so that you can get a real vintage feel for it in the black and white photo.
Now, back to the real world. I guess I should go try to get something done for the day before those kiddo's get back home from school. I am sure there will be lots of paperwork for me to fill out tonight.
I hope you all enjoy these last dog days of summer, and thank you very much for stopping by for a look at my new venture into the shabby chic world. Have a beautiful day!

23 comments:

Yvonne said...

This is beautiful .. so many of the elements you ahve used are so stunning.You ahve captured this lovely photo perfect , from the colours to the flowers to the bow.. simply perfect

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

WOW, I don't recall childhood kisses like that!! Come to think of it, ummm. Oh I think you got the Shabby look down just fine!!! You don't need any help from me. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I love the shabby look too, I may be joining you in the challenge, my second time entering there. I'm making cookies and I better go and check on them. Thanks for the eye candy, a feast for my eyes, and now my tummy!

Anonymous said...

Beatiful card! So pink, so Shabby... and the lovely childrens are perfect! Sorry for my english. Kisses from Argentina!

Carolyn said...

Lol, Jane...some boys are just born Romeo's. Sweet, isn't it? Thank you for the nice compliment on my card. It really was fun to make. The cookies sound good!

Julie said...

Wow you have so got shabby down pat this is simply stunning. Thanks ever so much for playing along with us at Shabby.

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

You got it down, Carolyn, for a most decorated Shabby Chic card. Gorgeous job, dear! xox ~Jeni

Anonymous said...

Very "shabby chic" and girlie! Love all the pink, lace, buttons!

Karen W said...

This is WAY over the top and drop dead gorgeous!!!! I need to find the Shabby blog, I love pretty, elegant and lots of bling.

Elli said...

So beautiful!!!!!!

Jenneke said...

Soooo sweet!!!! LOVE your flowers and that wonderful picture!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shabby!
XXXJenneke

Carol Hurlock said...

I simply don't believe you have not done shabby chic before...lol This is inspiring and remarkable for your first....you are going to be a dynamo soon!!! hahaha The concept for shabby chic is to go to every yard sale and pick up as much stuff as you can cheap. Paint it all white and slap on as much lace, flowers, chintz, pearls, ribbon and rhinestones as it will hold. Glue on a couple floral birds and butterflies and you are good to go. It also means a collection of wonderful mismatched dishes and glassware intertwined with laced edge napkins and tableclothes. I LOVE it!!!

Toni said...

This is such a sweet lo!!! great job on the challenge!!!

mandysea said...

You definitely have the shabby style going on!
This is so pretty!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shabby!

Maria said...

oH MY GOSH... SO PRETTY!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful and perfectly shabby and chic!

Darlene said...

WOW ... this is awesome! I'd say you have the "shabby chic touch"!! Beautiful!

Barb said...

Your beautiful artwork is totally inspirational. I love following your blog.

Vanja said...

This is beautiful! I love the bow and all the detail.
Hugs, Vanja

Janis Lewis said...

This is stunning!

Anonymous said...

this is just divine, so sweet and so cute !
Kate x

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Carolyn, this is so precious...I need to try this shabby chic thing out. You know our tastes are similar and you have now inspired me to give it a try! Can't promise it will be anywhere near as gorgeous as your creation.
I just love everything about this card. Stunningly beautiful!
Hugs,
Charlotte

Sam said...

Just wonderfuL !

Chimene said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous card!!!!! Girl You have the shabby style !!! Love this adorable photo!

Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!
xxxx
Chimene