~~~

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Chilly Snowman Wishes...with a twist on colors..

Well, here it is...my last Christmas in July card this year.  This is another Cuddly Buddly image.  I do think that they are really cute for kid's cards.  This card is for one of my boys.  The twist for this is that his favorite color is orange, and it is hard to make a Christmas card look Christmas-y with Fall colors, but try as I might....orange, green and brown it was.  I was pleasantly surprised at how nicely it did turn out.  I added some holly and the wood paper behind the window of the snowman from McMahon Five Designs digital images and some punched snowflakes, and I think it passes for a Christmas card.  At least he will be happy that he has an orang-y Christmas card, right?


I am happy to have been able to post so much through July due to my quest to create Christmas cards.  I do think my posts will be just a bit more spaced out now though.  We have alot to accomplish in these last few weeks of summer to prepare for a new school year, and I really do want to savor every single second of summer left that I can.   Our garden is just growing in abundance, and as thrilled as I am about that, we have some work to do to care for before and during harvesting.  We have been lucky enough to enjoy many of the vegetables already, but there is much more growing, and I look forward to those sweet ears of corn and meaty tomatos ; )

Well, on that note, I hope you all enjoy the rest of this wonderful summer.  Thank you for spending some time with me this summer and leaving me such encouraging comments.  Hope to get around to visit many of you soon too. 





Challenges for this card:
2 sisters: Use punches
AiFactory: Christmas in July
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round: Christmas
Creative Inspirations: Anything goes
Digi Doodle Shop's Best: Punch or cut
Dutch Dare: Anything goes
Little Red Wagon: Christmas in July
Our Creative Corner: Christmas in July
PaperPlay Challenges: Anything goes
Polka Doodles: Generic for male or female...this is for my son, but would be just as suitable for a female
Stamp Something: Christmas in July
Tuesday Taggers: Christmas in July

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Carolyn you are on a role!!!! Fabulous Christmas card...again! I haven't created a single one, lol. Hope you're enjoying the cooler temps:)

Georgia Ehrmann said...

so cute and I love the way you've popped the image beyond the frame! Great card! Thanks for playing with AiFactory this week!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Think those colors are great!! Happy he will be to see a card from Mom! Very cute snowman. Whew, you have been busy. I love your song, BTW. Hope you dance too, my friend.

Priscilla said...

Aww that is so sweet and I love the coloring.

Judy said...

Awww..your snowman looks so happy! Lovely card hun. Thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Judy

Unknown said...

Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Stamp Something.

Hugs,
Renata

Karen said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

Monika Reeck said...

What a lovely card...nice using the Puncher too...thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best, Hugs, Monika

Julie M said...

Fab card, Carolyn. I love the layout - and that snowman is perfect in the middle of it. Hope you enjoy the rest of the summer holidays, and that the harvest is a good one!!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Michelle said...

A lovely Christmas card and a great entry for this weeks challenge at TT
x Michelle

Kathy said...

Wow this cards really lights up blogger. love everything about it :)

Suzi Mac said...

Wonderful creation, love the image and the colour combo. Your attention to detail is fantastic. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

blackdragon said...

What a smashing christmas card you have created.
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday taggers this week.
lynx

Rosanne said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

CraftyC said...

Your card is just gorgeous Carolyn, have fun in the garden!
Clairex

Karen Howard said...

WOW, this is really stunning! I love snowmen but you've made him into a hero!!! Adding you to my favorites.

Hugs, Karen

Diane Gilbert said...

This is GORGEOUS! I LOVE this snowman and all your embellishments! Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

Amber said...

Super creation! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
Hugs
Amber DT

Mary said...

I love it! What a great Christmas card! Thanks for playing along at 2 Sisters Challenges.

Stacy Walker said...

Wonderful Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at the 2 Sisters Challenge.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Christmas Card, so cute! thanks for sharing with us at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog - punches challenge this week. Jo x

Tip Top said...

Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!