~~~

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Finally making some time for us....My First Wedding Scrapbook Page : )

I know I can't be the only one who gets caught up in everything else in life and never makes time for us.  It has been years in the making in my mind, but I have FINALLY decided to take a slow start into making a wedding scrapbook for my own wedding.  I have made the first page, and wanted to see how well I liked it to see whether I wanted me to be the one to contintue on making the pages.   I have decided that for a first try, that I think I like it fine and hope that I will improve as time goes on.  I think at the very least, I have captured the style that I was hoping for.  I just hope that I can do the entire book justice, as this is one that I hope to treasure for many years to come.  I have 4 more books that I would like to create to treasure for many years.....one for each of my children.  My own treasures in this life!!  I hope that you all have found time to create some things like this for your families.  We deserve to enjoy the rewards of our crafting as much as anyone else does, right?

Thank you for sharing this with me, and I hope that you enjoy and are inspired to create something special for yourself and your family.   Have a beautiful day!










These beautiful flowers and crystals can be found at McMahon Five Designs Store.  I absolutely LOVE them!
I entered this into challenge: 
OSAAT~Lace, ribbon and bows
PIO~My Favorite Things..I have used all of my favorites on here.  The color pink, lacy ribbons, gems, flowers and sparkle : )
The ABC Challenge~You and Me...My layout is to be home to a wedding pic of me and hubby...Hope I will not be disqualified with it not showing online.  The picture really is in there, but not posted. 
Creative Cottage Challenge~No cards...Mine is a scrapbook page
The Townscrapper~Monochrome
Treehouse Stamps~Monochrome
The Wild Flower Patch~Distressing
Your Next Stamp~ Flower Power

Hugs,

24 comments:

Liz said...

Simply stunning

thanks for joining OSAAT

LIZ XX

Anonymous said...

Oh Carolyn if this is just the beginning I can't wait to see more! I love, love, love the front, especially the butterflies in flight! BTW, I love the 1st song on your playlist, one of my favs....reminds me of Soph every time I hear it.

Hope you're having a wonderful summer so far:)

Cathy Spicer said...

Totally amazing! I can't wait to see more. THanks for playing at OSCC and sharing this treasure!

Anonymous said...

This is a GREAT page...love all the rose and butterflies!

Tracy said...

wow this is stunning, love all the detail and the flowers are so beautiful. Thanks for joining this weeks creative cottage challenge, Tracy x

Amanda said...

This is a great layout and has been embellished beautifully.

Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

Amanda

Scrappy said...

Great job! Everything is just perfect! So girlie and GORGEOUS!!
Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT and PIO! Hope you’ll be back to join us again soon!

Carol Ann said...

Beautiful and you have Used some gorgeous lace too. thanks for playing along at One Stitch At a time.
Carol Ann xx

Spyder said...

Amazing, lovely keepsake. Thank you so much for joining Quirky Crafts in their ribbon challenge this fortnight, New sketch challenge starts tomorrow!

(Lyn))

Spyder said...

Gorgeous wedding page, Thank you for joining OSAAT's ribbon,lace and bow challenge this week, new challenge starts tomorrow!

(Lyn))

Karen W said...

Oh my this is beyond gorgeous. I love the beautiful vintage feel of this and all the details are perfect.

Gem said...

what a beautiful scrapbook page, so detailed! Thanks for joining us this week over at OSAAT challenge :)
Gemma

Nana said...

Very beautiful. Love all the details and colors!
Thank you for joining us at "PIO" this week!
hugs Nana

danemi1 said...

How incredibly beautiful!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful details!! Thank you for joining us at Treehouse Challenge!

Nicole said...

Gorgeous Vintage feel, lovely!

Thanks for entering it in at Meljen's Designs this week!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

One word: Breathtaking! Hugs, Jane

Kelly Schelske said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for joining us at The Town Scrapper!

Berry said...

This is just beautiful, a stunning layout! Thanks for joining us at the creative cottage challenge and OSAAT hugs Rebekah x

Lelia Pierce said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Stunning layout! Thanks for joining us at the Wild Flower Patch!

xxx

Sprytebyrd said...

Just beautiful!
Thanks so much for joining us in our Circles Galore challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is absolutely beautiful Carolyn!! so elegant!! I just love all the pearls, lace, butterflies and details. Wow!
hugs,
Chris

Callie said...

Very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs this week! ♥

Kerri said...

What a gorgeous scrapbook! I love all of your beautiful details! Thank you so much for joining us at YNS:)