~~~

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

SSCC4 and Winter Wonderland An Old Fashioned Christmas


I know!  You are not used to seeing me do two posts in one day ; )  I just love this new challenge site Stampin' Sisters in Christ

They have very inspirational verses and scripture over there, and it really puts a bright spot in your day.  They are really worth a visit, and their challenges are so much fun. 

So, today, I decided to use their sketch challenge to create this old fashioned Christmas card.  I am trying to get as many holiday cards in as I can, because as you know, it is going to be here before we turn around twice.  With that in mind, I have also just come across another great challenge site called Winter Wonderland which if you haven't guessed is a Christmas challenge site.  What a way to get the old mojo going.  If you need that little extra push on the holiday cards and projects, you might want to go over and check them out.  It's a great site.   Their challenge was to create something vintage Christmas...whatever that means to you.  I really like the elegant, vintage, so I decided to go with this style of card.  I may, however, decided to do some more vintage Christmas cards with a different style in the coming weeks.  Christmas really gives you the opportunity to try out so many different things, because you get to give your projects to people with such different tastes and preferences.  It's a great way to branch out and try something new.  A couple other challenges that this will be entered in is the Simon Says Challenge which had a recipe challenge this week and La la land challenges which is asking for 3 types of embellishments...for mine (ribbon, glitter, gold gems)  Go over and check them out and play along. 

I hope you enjoy my card, and I always appreciate your comments and thoughts. 

Have a wonderful day!

20 comments:

Teri said...

Carolyn ..... I cannot begin to tell you how much I love this card. I adore this stamp, it's one of my absolute favourites - but what you have done with it is just stunning! I love the glisten and sparkle of it. I love the way you have framed it on the card with the gorgeous papers. But most of all, I love how you have coloured it. It must have been a lot of work .... but worth every single second. It's simply .... perfect.

Thank you so much for joining us this week at Winter Wonderland :o)

Teri xxx

Paola said...

This is truly an amazing card. Love the coloring. The card came together beutifully. TFS

coldwaters2 said...

Oh boy this is fabulous love it to bits it does have an olde worlde look to it which appeals to me greatly

Hugs
Lorraine x

theneon said...

You've really captured the essence of a "traditional" Christmas card. Absolutely stunning!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

What an elegant and timeless Christmas tree and card, this one will never go out of style!! This must have taken many hours to complete. Stunning!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

Neo said...

It's fantastic! The new-year tree is like the real..... Wonderful!

Helen said...

Your card is very beautiful! So elegant!
Blessings!
~H

Kathy said...

What a stunning and elegant card!! Love this!!
Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at La La Land!
:)Kathy

Lorraine A said...

Stunning card ! The tree is coloured so beautifully,, I love all the sparkle :-) The papers and embellishments you used are perfect too :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Kristine said...

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS! :) Loving your card so much. I can't do vintage to save my life! LOL. But this is so exquisite! Love the embossed corner and all your sparkly detailing on this. Wonderful idea to turn the sketch--LOVE IT! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges!! We love having you =0)

Christine said...

You are so talented!!!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Carolyn, this Christmas tree card is just stunning! It is so elegant and classy...absolutely perfect.Love the dp and the tree image with the pretty gems on it.
Fabulous job!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Karin said...

What a elegant card. love the papers and beautifull image.
Thanks for joining LLWWC.

xoxo karin

Sheila said...

Wow Carolyn, this is one gorgeous!! card what a fabulous image I bet this baby really sparkles in real life!! it's just beautiful!.
Thanks for joining us this week in La-la Land.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Sabia said...

I like your card very much! It's lovely.

Irina Blount said...

What a lovely card!! Gorgeous!! Love all the details, especially the garland that you added to the tree image!!! Thank you so much for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Paul said...

Lovely Christmassy feel to this. Great project and thanks for joining in with our Embellish It challenge over at La La Land Crafts. I hope you enjoyed it as much I did and join in with us again soon.
TFS
Paul

Maureen said...

Gorgeous card - the gold gems all over the tree garland are brilliant - what a perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Gorgeous! I like the ribbon and the extra embellishments on the card... very elegant! Thank you for joining in on the fun this week at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane