~~~

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cherished Teddies Christmas Bling Bear and Some Challenges

Hi Everyone!  I have had the busiest week ever, and to be honest, I kind of can't wait until it's over.  I made this card for several different challenges.  I love this image so much and couldn't wait to use it one way or another.  I couldn't decide which picture I wanted to post on here, so I just posted them both.  I still think I could have taken a much better picture, but there never seems to be enough hours in the day to add a good photography session to it too.  There is just tons of sparkle, shimmer and shine to this card.  Of course, it probably doesn't surprise anyone that knows me that this is the kind of card that I love the most.  I went into a bit of withdrawl a few weeks back thinking that Michael's (our only real craft store in this town) was discontinuing my favorite gemstones, so I tried to get my hands on as many as I could while they still had them.  Come to find out, they were not only NOT discontinuing them, but bringing them back as well as expanding the line, so now, I have tons of gems to go crazy with, so here is my first example of crazy. : )
A very sweet, super talented lady who has become a friend of mine in the craft world is starting her own craft challenges, and they are really awesome.  Her first sketch was too good for me to pass up, so I wanted to enter this card into her CLP challenge.  If you have not been to Chelsea's blog yet, OMG, you do not know what you are missing.  Don't wait a minute longer (ok, maybe a minute until you are done here : )  You will find yourself there very frequently once you see her work!!   
I also want to enter this into the Gingersnap Challenge and Paper Blooms Challenge which are asking for bling on your project.  Hmmmm, think I qualify?  ; )   A few other challenges for this card are La-la land (distressing), Paper Maniac (embossing),  Pollycraft (furry friends), and Cute Card Thursday's color challenge using pink and green. 
I was pretty excited to find this many challenges for this card.  I am pretty sure this is the most that I have done at one time. 
Well, I am off to bed, so that Thursday will come and go and Friday will be here...and THEN the weekend...FINALLY!!
I hope you enjoy my card.  Would love to know what you think.  I always appreciate your comments and thoughts.
Have a great evening!!


33 comments:

Ali Manning said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! I love all the great details you included, especially the roses. Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

OMG!!! Gorgeous! :)

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Beautiful card for all those challenges! Love the glimmer, glamor and bling on your card. All I can say is WOW and glad you still can find your gemstones, YSF. - jane

Unknown said...

Wow, loving all the blings! Thanks so much for playing along at La La Land Crafts!

Karen W said...

This is just stunning and I love all the bling, that's always my favorite!

Poppy said...

wow, love the bling, gorgeous colou, great card.
poppy

Unknown said...

This is a fabulous card - the bling is perfect!

Chelsea said...

BLINK~BLINK! LOL I already see so many sparkles on your pictures, imagine it in person! Love the lace detail and the tiny gems around the corner!

I agree with you, this week has been super long! And It's only a four day work week too! I'm already looking forward for the weekend. I'm hoping THAT package in the mail will make it to you this Friday!!! ;)

Loving seeing your cards, I've added a thumbnail of this card on my blog! Thanks Carolyn for joining in my first challenge!
:)Chelsea

Anonymous said...

beautiful bling bling!!! I can't even think of christmas right now!!! lol !!!
love the teddy!!

Anonymous said...

Great "challenge melange"! Gorgeous card! I just love your teddy bear. Great use of bling as well! Thanks for joining the fun at Gingersnap Creations!

Leah said...

I love your card! It's beautiful, the image, the colors and overall design. Love all the bling too. So glad you joined us at Paper Blooms!

Rose said...

this is stunning!! the colors and bling are just awesome :) thanks for joining us on paperblooms

dolcreations said...

Your card is just stunning. I am so glad that you purchased all those gems..it looks fantastic on your card! Great job!
Christine

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Ok Carolyn, now I know you are my long lost sister! I haven't posted my card on Chelsea's challenge blog yet but hopefully will be able to tomorrow...I have used similar colors on mine too!!
Your card is just so precious, every detail is so carefully thought out and presented to perfection. All those glittery gems look amazing...I love them too and Micheal's is one of the two craft stores we have here in Miami...so you see...we even shop at the same places!! You did an absolutely outstanding job with Chelsea's sketch and I'm just in awe about every detail on this one!
Simply stunning!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Kathy said...

Beautiful card Carolyn!! I adore all the glitter and the colors are so pretty!! Cute image as well!
Thanks so much for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge :)Kathy

Karin said...

Beautifull card. love the romantic papers, colours, flowers and adorable image.
Thanks for joining the LLWWC.

xoxo karin

Jan Van Dvivenvoorde said...

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present. I love your work! Great job! Thanx, happy holidays guys !

Anonymous said...

OMG Carolyn your card is stunning...one of my favs for sure!

Abby:)

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card i most spectacular! Beth

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Hi Carolyn! Well, the weekend is finally here! Yay!

Your card is super duper wonderful! I love the vintage look and... as far as I'm concerned... you can't have too many gemstones!

Thanks for playing in our challenge at La-La Land Crafts! We hope you join us again!

Christi said...

Ahhh this is so pretty and elegant! Thanks for joining us at paperblooms! Hope to see you again next time!

Laura said...

Great bling!

Annie said...

love the sparkle on your pretty card. thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week. hugs, annie x

Unknown said...

Stunning card Carolyn, such pretty papers and colours and loving the sparkle.

Thanks for joining in with the Pollycraft challenge.

Joanne x (Guest Designer)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so elegant and beautiful!!! I just love the pink, the glitter, the adorable image....O.k. I just plain love it!!
hugs,
Chris

Myzdamena said...

That card's so lovely! I love the bling and sparkle xxx

Sheila said...

Carolyn, great card love the image and fab distressing too.
Gorgeous bling & the lace is beautiful too.:)
Thanks for joining us this week in La-La Land.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Maureen said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors and all the 'bellies! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Oh, this card is so much fun! Precious, and I love your use of bling!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Precious card! Love the embellishments and beautiful lace. Thank you for joining us for this week's challenge at La-La Land Crafts!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

fabulous card!
thank you for entering my blog candy
have a great weekend

xxx
Claudia Rosa

Janet said...

so, so sweet! love the bling!

Tracey said...

Stunning card, LOTS of bling (& you can never have too much IMO):-)

Hugs
Tracey
x