~~~

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

MMSC18 Spooky Halloween Spider in the Pumpkin Patch




I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend!  Unfortunately, those long weekends still somehow seem to fly by so quickly.  I am noticing here where I live that leaves have been falling to the ground quicker now and there is quite a chill in the morning and evening air. 

In trying to keep with the time of year and Halloween on the horizon, I chose another image from DRS...our awesome sponsor this month...for this card.  I really love this image of the Pumpkin Patch Family.  I added just a bit of scarey to my card though by threading some furry yarn through the eyelets to create a spider web that a very spooky and fuzzy spider with big googly eyes is lurking from.  I made it a bit fun with the candy corn dp and some sparkle throughout.  So, really...even though this is suppose to be sort of scarey, aren't those pumpkins so happy, cute and fun?  Even the spider is a little bit cute. 

Midnight Madness News:

Congratulations to Melody...winner of this week's Midnight Madness Masterpiece Award...Also a big congratulations to our First Midnight Madness Remarkables award winners:  29. Jacque  34. Lorelie Kim 61. ~ michelle~ 67. Mary Lou   77. Stephanie Hester 78. Lisa Cook


I would like to mention our weekly sponsor at the MMSC this week Penny from Creations by Penny .  Drop over there and see her great site.  Thank you for your support and being our sponsor this week. 

Don't forget to pop over to the MMSC blog for other news and happenings that you won't want to miss.  We have lots of fun and exciting things going on and lots more fun coming up soon!

Have a great week everyone!  Hope you enjoy my sample card this week and that you have found some inspriation here to create your own project for us.  Can't wait to go visiting your sites.

21 comments:

Sonya said...

Your cobwebs are such a clever idea! What a creative use of the sketch - WTG Carolyn! :)

Keep Smiling! ~ Sonya
Midnight Madness Design Team
http://thepinkpaperpenguin.blogspot.com/

Denise @ kc242 said...

Carolyn, Your spooky spider card is awesome! Love all of the details. Your cards always have such great finishing work! Beautifully done!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Carolyn, The fuzzy spider and spider web are cute.Tthe candy corn DP matches the pumpkins so well :) I will be using that image soon , great job this week, xox ~Jeni

Maluszeq said...

Great cards!!! Love the Pumpkin Family :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun spooky halloween card, Carolyn!! I love the fuzzy spider and the spider web you created!!! Perfect dp too!! Another awesome sketch card!!!
hugs,
Chris

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

I love your card and image. With that spider and web (very cute effects) It is almost spooky but with those cute little pumpkins smiling, ah - you gotta smile too. Great idea with the webbing and all the details.

Shawne said...

This is so fantastic, how creative for you to think of the webby looking trim, I love it, the spider and the pumpkins with their cute rosy cheeks! Super cute card!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! This is just too dang CUTE!!! I love love love the webbing around your image!! Brilliant idea with the sketch and the DRS images!! TFS! HUGS

Chelsea said...

Hi Carolyn! I have to let you know how much I love this card. I love how you use the furry yarn to get the spider web look!

Have I told you that you are an amazing card maker?! Well, you are!!!

:)Chelsea

Rene' said...

This card is just amazing! I love the spider web! Trully inspiring!

Scrappy Love,
Rene'

Patti J. said...

Awww...this is just too cute - love it!

Carol L said...

I'm loving all the candy corn with these adorable pumpkins! The spider is too cute with those googly eyes! Great card, inside and out!!

Sue McMahon said...

Carolyn! The webbing is so cool! I really love what you did on the inside of this card too! Fun Halloween card!

Priscilla said...

Super cute card..I love that image and I am thinking about getting it. Your card this week was exceptional :)

Carol Hurlock said...

Wow, is this card fun or what? I love these fabulous expression on these pumpkins. The inside of your card is just gorgeous as well. What a spooktacular creation. xxoo

Carol-chocolatecraftsandbearsohmy

Lisa T said...

Great card! Love that spider web!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

I'm really inspired by the cool webbing you've put in this card Carolyn. I would have never thougth to use it in a card, but it fits so well! :) Michelle

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Hey sister of mine!!!! Another fabulous creation you have here....great choice in image too!!!! I love how your card came out..the webbing is a fantastic idea that gives it a true Halloween feel to it. Even though I don't like spiders, I have to say yours is cute and fits perfectly with the webbing and pumpkins. The inside is as adorable as the outside. You are an incredible inspiration and I'm so happy we have such similar taste.
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Unknown said...

This is cutest card! Love the fibers!

Spyder said...

I love this spooky fabby card! I can't think of anything to do for this challenge and it's Sunday already!) Lovely colours and great idea for the spider's web!
((Lyn))

Myzdamena said...

I love this card! Some of those pumpkins look a little goofy and not scary at all... wonder if they'll look that happy when the spider gets in there with them? *shiver*.....