~~~

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Snowman Family Christmas Shaker Card MMSC19

MMSC19 SHAKER CARD
Hi ~ Another Tuesday is here!  So, before you know it, winter will be here, and since I did a Halloween card for my last MMSC, I thought this time I would jump even farther ahead and throw in a Christmas card for you.  This is a shaker card... (one of my favorite kinds of cards).  I love doing shakers for the holidays, because there are just so many images that you can add snow and fun shaker materials to for this season. 
This card was a little harder than I thought it would be to do up as a shaker, because the image was larger than I expected it would be on the card, so I had to make a pretty large card, which is fine, but it is always better knowing that going into it instead of trying to figure out how it will all fit later.  I did flip the sketch this week to suit my needs for this card, besides, it's kind of fun to do that sometimes anyway ; )
This cute snowman image came from our MMSC monthly sponsor DRS who has an awesome assortment of stamps to suit anyone's taste.  If you are not familiar with them, you should take a look at their store.  Tons of images to choose from and great prices too.  It's been fun working with their images this month, and I am sure that I will use them over and over again.  Thank you, DRS
Make sure you pop over to the MMSC blog to catch up on the latest.  There are going to be some really fun and exciting things that we have planned in the weeks to come.  Stay tuned, so that you don't miss anything. 
This week we are proud to say the“MIDNIGHT MADNESS MASTERPIECE” Gold Star Award goes to.....


#5. Vicki (basement stamper)


The MM REMARKABLES WEEKLY AWARD!!

The Midnight Madness Team has created a very special award called The “Midnight Madness Remarkables” Award !! We would like to acknowledge those entries that are just exceptionally Remarkable!! During our voting each week, due to the caliber of the cards entered in our challenges, we end up with so many ties and close votes, so this Fairy logo is for those recipients to display proudly. If you would each like to take our fairy logo for your side bar, she would love to come stay with you.

Thank you all for playing and please join me in congratulating our “Midnight Madness Remarkables” award winners…..

36. ~ michelle~

45. Sandee

54. stephanne

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continuing to their Sponsorship this month is....


This month we posted our Month end sponsors, so be sure to take a look at all that is up grabs this month HERE. Continuing to support our challenges this month is DRS Designs!! Every two weeks on a Monday, DRS Designs host a blog challenge and invite you to join them! Their online site features a gallery for each designer as well as a customer gallery. If you get a chance I hope you will participate in their challenges too and you can even email your cards so to them so they can include them in their growing galleries. In addition to their wonderful craft supplies, they also offer a wide assortment of images, sentiments (serious and humorous) as well as easy background images and technique stamps such as our stained glass and our plaid stamps.You can find them at http://www.drsdesigns.com/ and http://drsdesignblog.blogspot.com/ The Midnight Madness team is having a lot of fun crafting with their wonderful stamps. Just take a look at our sketch example cards this week. Thanks DRS Designs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



We are so lucky to have "62 Cards"

as our Weekly Bonus Sponsor

A very special thank you goes out to Sammye Jo Monroe Singer for sponsoring us this week. you are going to love her give away!!! 62Cards began as an intriguing hobby of a twenty-something wife and mom who desired to do something she loved. After a tragic car accident in 2005 took the life of her little brother, Matt, 18, she knew she had to do something that not only kept her busy, but honored him at the same time. The name of the company itself does just that. 62 was Matt's football number. The company offers something that is special, unique, and fun, just like her beloved brother. He loved to help others, and 62Cards is helping keep his giving spirit alive by donating part of its profits to benefit The Matt Monroe Memorial Scholarship Fund through Citizens First Bank. This fund awards three scholarships every year to high school seniors to help them with the expenses of their post-secondary education. 62Cards was founded on the idea that quality and trendy paper crafting and embellishments do not have to be mass produced or cost a fortune. From handmade cards, embellishments, and gifts to party favors and banners, 62Cards strives to offer something for everyone. When you purchase a product from 62Cards, you are not only getting something fun and exciting for yourself, but you are helping today's youth further their education and are keeping the spirit of one very special and loved young man alive. Visit the site at www.62cards.com and join in some great crafty chit chat and giveaways on the blog at http://www.62cards.blogspot.com/!

For more details and announcements, stop by the MMSC blog.


I have to apologize to everyone out there in blogland for my lack of commenting lately.  I am really trying hard to keep up, but have some things overwhelming me with my time over the last several weeks.  I am really hoping that things will slow down and fall into place soon, so that I can get back to what I love doing the most....visiting all of your lovely blogs and seeing those marvelous creations.  I have not forgotten about you, and thank you so much for my faithful visitors and commentors.  I am so grateful for you and appreciate you so very, very much!! 
I hope that you enjoy my DT card this week and that perhaps it might inspire someone out there to make a shaker card of your own.  They really are alot of fun : )
Take care everyone, and have a great week! 
Here is the MMSC19 sketch for the week...


9 comments:

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Carolyn, first of all let me compliment you on the beautiful music I hear on your site...for a minute I thought there was something wrong with my new computer!!!! Love it!
Your card is beautiful as always and I think shaker cards are so precious because it takes more time to make them, but yours are always gorgeous. I love the dp and colors and of course the image.....I just love snowmen! Beautifully made! :)
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Allison said...

Wow, what a neat card! I have never done a "shaker" card... something i will have to try out now, thanks for the inspiration!
Allison

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas..
Great Snowman and shaker card!! Great coloring and papers, *celebrate* indeed.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Carolyn!! Love your shaker!! How creative!! You have so many awesome Christmas cards up!! Way to go girl!! You rock!!
hugs,
Chris

Priscilla said...

love your shaker card, but you know that..Ok, I am off to check out these other cards....looks like you have been busy.
Priscilla

Rosemary said...

Your card is fantastic! I love all the details and wow, you made it a shaker, too!!!

Carol Hurlock said...

Hi Carolyn, I just love all that glitter you have put on this card. I love shakers cards too, they are just so much fun. You did a fabulous job with this and I have enjoyed coming to your blog to read about it.
Hugs,
Carol

cabio's craft corner said...

Very beautiful and neat shaker cards. I love it!
Hugs,
Cabio

peggysue said...

Had no idea that was a shaker card, what an excellent format for the snowmen! Great job with the bling too, snowmen just need bling.