~~~

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Halloween Altered Tin For Teacher
















Ok, we are really gearing up for Halloween here, and I wanted to give something nice to my youngest's teacher, because she has just been so great with him so far this year, and he really adores her!  My friend and DT sister, Jane posted an awesome tutorial yesterday, and I couldn't wait to try it, because it is just perfect for what I needed.  Thank you so much Jane for the wonderful step-by-step tutorial that made this project idea so much easier for me. 

Who would have thought that this little container that used to hold a little cinnamon treat would turn into a special gift for teacher?  I added the little teacher goodies and wrapped it in a Halloween treat bag that I used for all the other kid's treats in the class too and then put a big festive bow with some curly ribbon on it and he is set to go now. 

What a fun idea that I am so glad to have discovered and will probably be doing for some other holidays and occasions too. 

Pop over to Jane's blog or to the Midnight Madness blog to see this tutorial on how to make your own altered container. 

Thanks for taking a few moments to look at my project today.  I would  love to hear what you think. 

Have a lovely day!






Challenges for this project are:  Creative Belli
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday
No Time To Stamp
Whimsy Stamps
Cute Card Thursday
Polka Doodles

19 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Amazing!! I love it
x

Shawne said...

So cute Carolyn, your son's teacher must love you!!!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh boy this is brilliant and is Altered art work at it's finest that is one very lucky teacher.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Lisa said...

OMG I love it, I better get my rear in gear and start thinking about what to make for my kids teachers, thanks for the idea

Michelle's Daydreams said...

This is just precious! She is sure to just love it! :)

Helen said...

Your tin is so cute! I love it!
Blessings!
~H

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

OMG: That is so fabulous, I am so happy someone is using the Tutorial, thanks for the shout-out. Your son's teacher is going to love it!! Very cute and good idea on putting supplies in the tin. YOU Rock.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous I am sure his teacher will love it. Thanks for joining us this week on CCT.
Caz
x

susana said...

Woouu, I loved, this is awesome present. Beautiful Work!

Hugs from México.

Debbie said...

Oh Carolyn! Your altered tim is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us this week over at the Belli Challenge Blog!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I just love your altered tin, Carolyn!! So many awesome details!! Great use of Jane's tutorial!!
hugs,
Chris

~Denise Lynn~ said...

How cute is that! Love this idea and it's decorated so well. Thanks for playing along at Whimsy! :)

Rach said...

oh wow your tin is fantastic, what a wonderful gift. hugs rachxx

Jessica G. said...

Fun altered tin, filled with wonderful goodies! The goodies can be appreciated now, but I'm sure the tin will be treasured for much longer!!

Saskia said...

Great tin... so unique ans creative!!

Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles!!

Saskia :)

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

What a wonderful Halloween project! I'm sure the recipient will be most impressed with your talent! Thanks for playing along with us on the Belli Challenge this week!

Claire Phillips said...

Love your tin - fun fab project - thanks for playing at Polkadoodles! Cheers Claire x

Holly said...

What a wonderful Halloween tin! I love that bling around it with the ghost and the bat! I'm so glad you played in our Belli Challenge!

Donnas Den said...

Your attention to detail is great. Love this project.

Donna