~~~

Friday, December 3, 2010

My Christmas Mantel This Year


TGIF Friends, I hope this finds you all doing well, staying warm and getting ready for the fast approaching holidays. I have many Christmas cards still to share with you, so I had not planned on posting any of my Christmas decor this year, but just by chance this morning, I happened across the Blue Cricket Design Christmas Mantel Link up on my blog roll, and I thought why not. I will post a picture for you all to see. I was longing for some new decorations this year, as my tastes seem to have changed over the years, and I would love to have my home reflect that, however, this just didn't happen to be the year to make that happen. I am still using the aged classics for the most part on my mantel. Maybe I will find some sales after Christmas to add to next year's mantel.  I noticed in my pictures that my garland needed straightened out ;)  oops...I have since fixed it, and it looks very uniform now.  It's always good to have a second eye checking out the decorations.  
I hope you enjoy and are having fun decorating your home for the holidiays.
Thanks for visiting me, and have a wonderful day : )

Linking to:
Blue Cricket Design
The Lettered Cottage
Creative Juice Thursday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
The Shabby Chic Cottage

Hugs,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn, your mantel looks beautiful. I love the rich greens and reds. I used what I have too, times are tough and we have to use what we have, right:)

Have a great weekend and keep warm friend.

Abby:)

Pinklady 68 said...

Wow, very beautiful Christmas decoration!
Just love red and green at Christmas:-)

Have a wonderful day and a good weekend! Hugs Laila.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful mantel! Nothing beats red and green for christmas.
Hugs xx
Pat

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

I feel I just jumped into Christmas at your house. Classics are Classy my friend! I love it, can I join in with the Mantle decorating?

loz said...

So stunning Carolyn..Have a fantastic Christmas..Loz