~~~

Friday, January 23, 2009

Valentine Dog Shaker Card

I had these little heart shaker boxes waiting around for me to use, and after the holidays were over, I got so busy that I didn't have time to do very much crafting. I could not let Valentine's Day pass though without making at least one of these shaker cards. I absolutely LOVE pink. I think it has always been my favorite color, so I took advantage of the Valentine tradition and created this card with only shades of pink and white. I love the way it looks. I have never used the micro beads in my shakers before. I had always used the glitter, but I really love the way this looks and may use it again. I wasn't sure how I was going to fit that beautiful dog into this card, but I was determined to do it, because I have been wanting to use this image for quite some time now. I am not sure why, but I tend to get a creative block when I am trying to make cards with dogs on them. I almost never have that same problem with any of my other images. I have not figured out what causes this for me yet, but I am determined to overcome it : ) I should be getting more heavily into my crafting with no other holidays coming up quickly. I just got some new stamps, so I am really excited to start using them.








No comments: