~~~

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Elegant Rose Card










My husband got me this stamp for Christmas, and I think it is so beautiful! I really wanted to do it justice, so I had to design an elegant and formal card. I think it would be lovely for a wedding or for a golden wedding anniversary. I love the colors and I think I have come to realize that these kinds of cards are my favorite kind to make.
I used the new nestabilities out now and put gold doilies under that to make it look classy. The wide sheer ribbon is from Christmas, but you would never guess it to look at how it coordinates with this card perfectly. Those corner dies always fancy up a card like this too, so I do use them alot. I can't seem to get tired of them. The rose is layered 3 times, and I could have done more, but did not want to have it pop too much so that it fit in with the rest of the card. This one just went onto auction on Ebay tonight. I may do something more whimsical for my next creation.

No comments: