~~~

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Birthday Wishes for my son....

A quick post today to share with you a card that I made for my son's 14th birthday today.  Yeah, I know it's a little childish for a 14-year old, but he loves dogs...and animals in general, and I am a little short on dog images that are more adult-themed.  He really loves it and never mentioned that it looked too childish.  This young man has had a rough time of it for many years and is still struggling through many medical issues.  I wanted to make a fun card for him that would make him smile.  He is still undergoing many tests and has had a couple of diagnosis right now that he will require treatment for for the rest of his life.  This is actually a blessing though that there is treatment.  The one that we are trying to dodge right now is cancer.  If we can be cleared of cancer of his thyroid, I think we will ALL breathe a sigh of relief!!  We hope that he can enjoy his special day today and that it will leave him with happy memories. 

I used some wood paper from McMahon Five Designs inside and out on this card.  The inside pocket is made from wood paper as well as the fencing.  I have also embossed and punched onto the papers.  I've always loved the wood paper on masculine cards.  It adds so much to the look. 


I hope you enjoyed my card today, and want to thank you for stopping by for a look.  I always appreciate those that take the time to leave a friendly comment.  It's adds a bright moment to my day : ) 
Hugs and Blessings,


I entered this card into challenges:
Crafts and Me: Something for a teenager
Crafty Calendar: Autumn Birthday
Crafty Catz: Birthday
Crafty Hos': Children's day
If The Shoe Fits: Orange
Party time Tuesdays: Birthday
Stamptacular Sunday: Layers
Sweet Stampin' Challenge: Punch it out

16 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a great card, i love the image and i'm sure this will definately make your son smile as it's gorgeous! I hope the test results bring you good news and thet your son enjoys his birthday and has a great time
Thanks for joining our birthday celebrations at Crafty Catz this week x
Linds x

Liz McGuire, said...

Excellent card, thanks for joining in at Crafty Calendar.

Liz x

Kristie W. said...

Very cute card, I love the doggie image :)

Happy Birthday to your son and thank you for playing along with my Party Time Tuesdays challenge!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Carolyn
A fabulous card,thankyou for joining us on our Birthday Celebration at CraftyCatz,
hugs Dianne xx

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Carolyn, I'm sure your son will appreciate. It' such a cute card. Gorgeous color combo, very lovey embossed background. Cute image, nicely showcased. Very nice layering ! Thank's for playing along with us this week in our Stamptacular Layer-it-on challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Danielle

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Very cute Pup. Now he will want one, LOL. Hope he has a wonderful Birthday.

Suzie said...

A gorgeous card, I love all the detail. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz for our Birthday Blog Hop this week. Suzie x

carol said...

AAAh what a cute and gorgeous card, thanks for sharing with Craftycatz this week, x carol

sgc said...

Such a cute card! I'm sure your son was delighted with me. My prayers to him:) Thanks for playing along with the Crafty Hos.

Unknown said...

such a cute bday card for your son..i know my kids would love it ;) Thanks for joining us at If the Shoe fits....SCRAP IT! this week!

Katie said...

What a fabulous b'day card. Love your use of texture! Thanks for joining the party at Party Time Tuesdays this week.

Jo said...

This is fab! :)
Thank you for joining us at sweet stampin
Jo xx

Nancy said...

Oh, I love it, and I hope he did, too!! Thanks for partying with us this week at Party Time Tuesdays!!

Sue McMahon said...

I just love that doggie image. Too Cute! Goes great with the wood paper! ;) Happy Birthday to your Son! HUGS Sue

Graphicat said...

Ahhahaha! Adorable image!! And I LOVE how you've done the inside too!
Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular this week!
Cheers
Cheri

Gemma said...

Great boys card, love the way th dog comes backat the inside of the card, great colours you used as well. Thanks for joining us at SSC this week, hope you will join the fun again next week. Happy crafting, Gemma