~~~

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

MMSC42 Sunrise At The Cross

Hi Everyone~Welcome to the MMSC42 Challenge.  I had some fun doing this one.  This image was a little hard for me to work with.  There wasn't so much coloring involved, so I wanted to add a little spark to it.  I created the sunrise in the background with my pastels, and framed the image with these really cool berries that I happened to find while out and about.  I was hoping to find some palm leaves to use behind the image or at least something that resembled them, but no such luck on my end, and with the weather here the way it has been, I haven't been able to be out shopping as much as I would like to.  So, I used what I had for leaves, and it does add a little splash of color.  I flipped the sketch this week, and I posted a picture of the sketch the was it was designed and the way that I did it at the bottom of my post. 

Congratulations to the winner of the GoldStar and Remarkables:

MMM

#103 Sonya Appel

MMR
#8 Darlene
#25 Gry-Beate



This image is from our monthly sponsor Cornish Heritage Farms.  What a beautiful Easter stamp.  There are many other beautiful images to choose from as well.   Thank you Cornish Heritage Farms for an awesome sponsor month.  Your stamps are amazing!




I want to take a moment to thank our weekly sponsor:  Delicious Doodles.  I have to admit that I had not known of them until recently, and oh my goodness...they have some really fabulous stamps.  I think I will be spending alot of time there : )

Please visit the Midnight Madness blog for all of the details about our sponsors and their prizes offered. 



Thanks for dropping by for a look.  A very special thank you  and many blessings to those of you that take a moment to leave me a comment and put a smile on my face.  I look forward to visiting you soon.


Some challenges for this card are: 
Stamp Something-Touch of Spring
Practical Scrapper-Stamp

22 comments:

Cheryl said...

Awesome Carolyn! I've never seen a card with the berries like that, great idea! It really turned out so beautiful!

Phyllis said...

Carolyn ~ You have done an AWESOME job with this wonderful image from Cornish Heritage Farms!! I loved do it myself!! Love your berries around the image!! Beautfiully done!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Michelle's Daydreams said...

This is just beautiful Carolyn. I really love the berries surrounding this image. The colors are wonderful too. :)

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow What a beautiful Easter card you have created! I love your berry frame around your image. Well done!
Denise

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

I love the image with surrounded by those berries and the paper and scrolls you used in the corners, very nice and creative of you to think of that, the berries add so much visual interest. TFS, Jane

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Carolyn!! This is sooo gorgeous!! What a beautiful take on the challenge and what beautiful coloring details!! Amazing!! HUGS

Priscilla said...

ha...love how you turned the sketch on it's side..that may be something we could do on the MM posts for more options..LOL great idea ;) Love your card my dear Carolyn, as always you did a stand up job. It is just beautiful.
Priscilla

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Wow, a beautiful piece of art. Thank you for stamping with Practical Scrappers this week.
Hugs
Tanya

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful!! Love the sketch turned and I adore all the texture you added!! Stunning Easter card!! Gorgeous coloring!
hugs,
Chris

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Carolyn, you never disappoint with your stunning creations. This is just beautiful and I love the way you added the berries around the image. Just stunning work. Beautiful colors and details. Fantastic work as always!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Fabiola said...

c'est superbe et pourtant difficile a faire ce genre de carte

Joni Parker said...

This is stunningly beautiful!! Everything just fits together perfectly!! Thanks for sharing with us at Practical Scrappers.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card! Love all the pretty accent details too. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Stamp Something this week! :)

Carol Hurlock said...

Carolyn those spring floral berries are beautiful framing your image. It makes me long for Easter!!! This is simply charming and very uplifting to let us know that spring is just around the corner...(my fingers are crossed, anyway)!! lol

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Carolyn, nice job on turning the sketch sideways! I think the berries brighten everything turns it so charming. Love your work, xox ~Jeni

Christina C. said...

A very lovely Easter card. Thanks for the inspiration.

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

This is so different! Fun accents! Very Springy! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

Nadya 's World!!! said...

What an amazing card! You really did a beautiful job!
Thanks for playing at Practical Scrappers this week! :)
Nadya

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Carolyn, this is fabulous - I LOVE those berries they are amazing and frame this image so beautifully!Love your colouring and the sunset. Your colours are so pretty Carolyn! I am loving this my freind! Thanks for sharing - I love coming to see! God bless you! {{{hugs]}}

Unknown said...

OMG, Carolyn, this is stunning! First, I simply adore your stamp and how you colored it up. Next, our berry embelishment is gorgeous! You really know how to inspire!
Thanks for playing with us this week at Practical Scrappers!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sue said...

Carolyn, What a beautiful Easter card. I love how you created the sunset in the background and the addition of the leaves and berries really showcase the image on your card. Very creative.

cabio's craft corner said...

That's such a gorgeous card Carolyn. Lovely taken on of this sketch and the embellies are fabulous!
Hugs,
Cabio