~~~

Monday, February 1, 2010

I Have Some Very EXCITING DT News To Share With You............

I have had the hardest time keeping this to myself until today, because I am bursting with excitement about this news!

I have been chosen to be on the very first McMahon Five Design Team along with some other Amazingly talented ladies:  BonnieKristineLorelie,  and   Michelle.  Stop by their blogs and see what they are showcasing for M5D today. 

I never thought I would take on another DT position, but before I retire from them, I had to do this one last spot, because I could not pass up the chance to promote such a wonderful store for a wonderful person.
Sue (owner of McMahon Five Design) offers some amazing products in her store, and one of my very favorites is her wood paper and envelopes.  It is unique to her and her store, and I have come to love it so much, that I can't seem to live without it ; )   Once you try this out, you will see what I mean and want to stock it in your closet too.  It is the perfect thing to grab when wondering what to use for that hard-to-make masculine card that so many of us struggle with.  It is also great for nature cards and truefully looks beautiful on any themed card.  Check out Sue's Idea Alley to see some samples.  M5D also carries a wide variety of other supplies from Digi Stamps, rubber stamps, Primas, gems, nesties.....and the list goes on and on.  Her prices are amazingly some of the most affordable that I have seen out there too.  It is a one-stop shop for me which I why I am so extremely excited to be a part of this wonderful team. 

M5D puts out a wonderful newsletter to keep you posted on the latest in their shop, and if you sign up for it, you will receive exclusive tips, tutorials and coupons to use in the store.  Sue does her very best to find out what crafters are struggling the most with and will give some of the most helpful tips to make things easier for those of us that may not be able to figure some of this stuff out.  I know for myself, Sue has helped me tremendously with working with digi stamps.  I used to avoid them just because I didn't know how to use them.  Now, I just love the wider variety of images that are available to me because I have learned how to use them.  Sue also offers freebie digi's occasionally, and they are really awesome, so don't miss out on those. 

Now, onto my card:





This is a super cute Teddy Bear Digi image available at M5D and I couldn't resist using this for my first sample card as part of the DT.  I used some of the wood paper to frame the image, and the nice thing about most of the wood paper is that you can still cut and use your nesties to cut and shape the paper.  I also used some of the cream-colored flowers that are available at her store as well, and you can even get a variety of colors to choose from for the gems that I used in the center of the flowers.  I am a gem addict, and I am really loving the self-adhesive gem flourishes out there now, and cannot wait to get some of them to start adding them to my creations.  I hope that you have enjoyed my first sample card for M5D and that you will go check out the other DT girl's blogs and then hop over to the M5D store and see all of the wonderful things they have to offer.

Thanks for sharing in my excitement today, and I hope you will keep coming back to visit me.  I will have much to show you in the coming months.   Please feel free to leave me a comment.  I would love to hear your thoughts and always appreciate your feedback about my work.

Many Blessings to you....Have a wonderful Day!  ( :




Challengess for this card:
Spoon Full of Sugar
Creative Card Crew
Die Cuts R Us
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle
Saturday Spotlight
Stampin' Sisters in Christ

19 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

Carolyn-Congratulations on being on the McMahon Five design team. I know you will do an awesome job for Sue and McMahon Five. Of course, you know the theme on this card is right up my alley!!! LOL How delightful...and as always you wonderful talent shines through.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Lovely card Carolyn, cute little digi bears, I know you are an embellishment addict but so am I, have fun with it all. Jane

Sue McMahon said...

Hey Girl! I'm so excited that you accepted to be on my first DT! Your style is so beautiful! And I LOVE that you are an embellishment addict! Your card is just gorgeous with all the little details you put into it! Thank you!

Priscilla said...

Awesome!! Congratulations...Love your creation and I could not agree with you MORE about Sues store. :)
Priscilla

LORi said...

Oh How pretty!!! Thanks for joining in the DCRU fun this week!!

DCRU Hugs - LORi

Helen said...

Beautiful card! I love how you've placed the flowers above and below your adorable bear image! Yoru design and colors are great, too! Congratulations on your new dt position! That's incredible news!
Thank you for playing along with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ, too!
Blessings!
~H

Laurie said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for sharing it with us at SSCC this week. (I love your Valentine blog background! Hearts are my thing!)

Lorelie Kim said...

Beautiful work, Carolyn!! Love the lace and the silk ribbon threaded through! Your color combo and details are always top notch!

Kristine said...

LOVE your bear card and I'm so excited to be on this wonderful DT with you!! I love all your embellies *Ü*

Denise @ kc242 said...

Carolyn what a beautiful card! Congrats on the DT position! I know you will do Sue's store proud!
Denise

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness girl!! This is just gorgeous!! I ADORE all those teddies!! So sweet and congrats to you on your new DT!!! Thanks so much for joining with us this week at Saturday Spotlight!! HUGS

Ludkasz said...

lovely card:)

Anonymous said...

First, Congratulations! Second, your card is wonderful and love all the details. Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at SSCC.

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Yea Carolyn! I'm so happy you are doing this with me! I love this card. It looks like these teddies are taking a walk in the clouds. :) I cannot wait to see what else you create. It's going to be fun. Michelle

Sassy Scrapper said...

I love the image you chose to feature on your card. So cute and the wood paper looks fabulous. The gems you placed in the center of flowers really make the frame. Great job Good. luck on your challenges!
Smiles Bonnie

Darlene said...

Whoo Hoo ... congrats on the DT! Your creation is adorable ... love the bears & all the little flowers! So nice & colorful too ... very uplifting for this time of the year ... thanks! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight ... we do hope you'll join us again next week for more Spotlight fun!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Woohoo! Congrats on the dt!! I told you your creations are awesome!! Love your bears and your take on the Sat. Spotlight Challenge!! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!

big hugs to you my friend!
Chris

Erin... said...

Lovely card!!! Congrats on your DT spot!! WooHoo!! Thanks for playing along with this BIG challenge at Saturday Spotlight!!!

theneon said...

I can see why you are bursting with excitement at your new DT "assignment." This is a fabulous start.