- One Grand prize random drawing valued at $100
- 350th BRAND NEW Sketch Player SPECIAL Prize valued at $50
- 11 “Cards from the Crypt” (picked by our DT members from MMSC archives)
- 12 random Package winners drawn
You have until Tuesday, October 20, 2009 12 p.m. Midnight EST to leave your name in Mr. Linky at Priscilla’s Midnight Madness Blog to be eligible for the prizes. Prize winners will be notified at the end of the week.
If you would like to be entered in Prowling at the 1st Midnight Madness Blog Hop prizes and you DO NOT have a blog, you still can participate. You will have to follow the directions below……..
1. Leave a comment on the Midnight Madness Blog Hop comment section with your email address, first name and last name initial.
2. Link up to Mr. Linky with first name and last name initial and in the URL space enter this address http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com/
In order to have a chance at winning any of the prizes, you must gather a secret phrase along the Blog Hop. Each Design Team Member will have a particular word or words listed on their blog and as long as you visit them in order, you will have the secret phrase at the end. If you are picked as a Prize winner you will be contacted by email and you must email back the secret phrase WITH IN 48 HOURS to claim your prize. If by any chance the 350th BRAND NEW player or any of the “Cards from the Crypt” winners are not claimed, then those prizes will be added to the random winners drawn. To start off, you must begin at Pricilla’s Midnight Madness Blog! If you have not started there, I suggest you go back and begin again . . . you don’t want to miss out on the Prizes! If you have arrived from Charlotte's Blog then you are on the correct course. If you want a chance to win you will have to follow the instruction listed above. Thank you and have fun on the Hop.
· Meet the Midnight Madness Design Team:
We thought it would be fun to feature in this section of our blog hop something to help you get to know the design team members and for us to get to know you. We have all chosen some questions with answers we wanted to share with you, our valued challenge players, about ourselves. You are welcome to leave a comment here at my blog and tell us something about you. So here are some interesting things about me!
1. What was your reason to get into cardmaking/paper crafting? I had decided to finally quit my job after 16 years and stay home with my kids. I wanted to find something that I could use as an outlet and still be productive. My neighbor introduced me to rubber stamping (which I was certain was not going to be my thing)...Boy, was I wrong! I was hooked on this almost immediately and chose to start selling my cards on ebay to supplement our income with my having quit my job. As they say, the rest is history ; )
2. Where do you get most of your inspiration from? I don't quite know how to answer this one. I know that I choose images that appeal to me and I usually will work with whatever I have to work well with my image. Ideas do inspire me, especially if it is something that I haven't tried before and looks interesting. I don't often relate my creations to anything in particular or even really get inspired by something that I see not card related. My drawings are often inspired by life things, but not so much my cards. For the most part, my cards come to life very spontaneously almost every single time that I make one. I create anything that I make as I go, and step by step it falls into place.
3. Is there a specific time of day when your best creations are made and is there a particular food/drink item you just have to have with you? I frequently work into the wee hours of the night. I do work best when I am alone. I don't eat or drink while I am working, and I really hate stopping once I start..even for a break. This can really take it's toll at times, because I am not a quick crafter. I can take hours upon hours and even days to create just one card. If I'm motivated, I'm motivated, and if I'm not, I'm not! That's pretty much all there is to it. You will see that some of my cards are fantastic while others are ...wellll, ok. There's the difference.
4. What tool could you not live without? There are just WAY too many to mention, but if I have to choose just one, I would have to say that I could not live without my stickles!! You will be hard pressed to find a card from me that does not have stickles on it somewhere. Just seems naked without it in my opinion. Have to sneak in here though that gems take a close second in this category ; )
5. If your house was on fire and you could run in and save ONE CRAFT ITEM, what would that be? I would have to choose my Cricut for this one mostly because I am such a penny pincher, and that would be the single most expensive craft item that I have right now. However, in reality, if we had a fire, the only thing I would really care about saving is my family...anything else could be replaced.
6. What is your favorite crafting technique? I Love to make shaker cards!!
7. What would you love to find at a yard sale? Rubber stamps or really any good craft supplies would be a huge find for me. Have never found that anywhere near me though.
8. What makes you laugh the hardest? My husband!! But, yes, he can also make me cry the hardest.
· Cards from the Crypt
For something a little fun to honor our Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge Players we thought we would go back into the Crypt of archived challenges and pick some of our favorites to feature here. Our winners will need to do the blog hop and collect a word from each of the blogs to collect the winning phrase and place their name in Mr. Linky at Priscilla’s Midnight Madness Blog! We will email you when we verify that you have entered your name in Mr. Linky, you will need to email back the phrase in order to qualify for your prize. Even if your card hasn't been chosen from the Crypt you are still eligible for the Grand Prize and Random Drawings.
My Crypt Pick card for MMSC19 is Loz. Congratulations, Loz. Your card was wonderful and we appreciate your support in joining us each week at the MMSC.
I wanted to do something a little bit different for my blog hop project, so I have tried something that I have NEVER done before!!! Flower arranging!!! I have to tell you.....I was so nervous to do this. I was thinking it would turn out soooo bad. I had originally wanted to do a swag, but in our almost craftless little town, there were no supplies to make a swag with, and I did not have the time to order them online and be done in time for the hop, so I opted for the broom....which is perfect for Fall anyway, right? So, I get all this stuff home...lol probably around $50 plus just in flowers, because I had no clue what to use or what would look nice...Didn't even know where to begin, but I just started putting things together, and I have to say...I am really loving the way that it turned out. I was soooo surprised at how quick it was to make. It is VERY full, so you can't really almost even tell that it is a broom, but that is the way I like it. It is now hanging proudly in my house. I can't say that I would do another broom like this again, because that is something that you can't just use anywhere or all the time, but I am thinking that I would LOVE to try out the swags and wreaths. It is just so much fun to do.
My 2nd item is a pumpkin made out of dryer hose that is spray painted, hot glued and filled with flowers to use as a centerpiece. This is so easy to do too. I had so many flowers leftover from my broom that this was a breeze to fill up. A fun little thing that you can do with this if you want to make it a simpler pumpkin is to buy some of the cinnamon scented pine cones that they have out right now and put those inside of the dryer hose before you glue it together, and then put little pinholes in the top and bottom of the pumpkin where it is not visible (do this after spraypainting). Then you can add cinnamon sticks as the pumpkin stem, a few leaves, and you will have an amazingly scented centerpiece to display on your table. There you have it....my Fall blog hop projects. I hope you enjoyed viewing them and that you might try something new to challenge yourself with. You might find out how much fun you are missing out on.
I would be thrilled to hear what you think of my projects and so appreciate your stopping by to play in our blog hop today.
Thank you for playing in our weekly challenges and for all your support each week. We love showing off our creations to you and visiting your blogs each week to see what you have created We hope you are enjoying this special Blog Hop and that you are finding something new along the way. Thanks for joining us today!