~~~

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Christmas Cardinals Card

It has been such a chaotic day today.  Running to school conferences, to the doctors...where I left my son's report card that I hadn't even seen yet : (   A trip to JoAnn's for some Christmas paper where they tried to tell me that the paper was not on sale, and it was!!!  Does that ever happen to you?  It always happens to me when I am in a hurry!  I need a calgon day for sure one of these days!

I had been in a bit of card withdrawl after having had a sick family for awhile and been sick myself.  I hadn't crafted for at least a couple of weeks.  Now that we are getting healthy again, I was anxious to try out some new craft toys, and this is the first of a few new things I wanted to try.  I got this nestability probably over a month ago now and had not had the chance to use it until now.  I can't even begin to tell you how much I love it.  Isn't it pretty?  There are so many ways it can be used.  I am already thinking of another card to make with it. 





I have had quite the obsession with the Martha Stewart punches in the last several months too.  I can't seem to go to Michaels without coming home with a new one.  When I get a new one, I just want to use it on everything ; )  I just got another new one a few days ago, so that one is going to have to get it's chance too. 




These cardinals have been a favortie of mine for Christmas cards ever since I got them.  I am sure that I will make some more cards with them before the season is over. 



I hope you enjoy and that you will leave me a comment to let me know that you dropped by. 

If you haven't signed up for the blog candy, have a look and see if it is of interest to you, and have a go at it.  It's always fun to give some craft supplies away...especially around the holidays.

Have a great evening!




Challenges:

Flourishes
Daring Cardmakers
Sunflowers and Dragons

15 comments:

BA said...

hi carolyn!!!
your card is absolutly stunning!! love your wonderful frame.
thanks so much for joining us at fw shapes & more
xoxo BA

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Another gorgeous creation Carolyn. You've done a stunning job with this one and I just love all those edges, especially the center one....soooo pretty! Beautiful coloring of the cardinals and the dp is just a perfect match. Absolutely gorgeous.
TFS
Hugs,
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn, so nice to see you back in th swing of things....and you're back with a beauty! I love Martha Stewart punches too! Your card is so pretty and so much detail...love it!

Abby:)

Sue McMahon said...

This is beautiful, Carolyn! And new toys too! You are one lucky girl!!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Super Carolyn! I love that Nestability too! I'm so happy, you are feeling better and back to crafting again. I have a coupon for Micheal's and have my eye on another punch too. Maybe I'll get to use it this weekend. :)

Vitahus said...

A lovely card in and outside, the colour combo is great!
Thanks for joining us this week at shapes and more!
hugs conni

Jo said...

Wow, this card is just stunning, so beautiful.

jo x

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Love your cardinal cards, always a real classic stamped image and you do it up so well, great new nestie and happy you are feeling yourself again!

Keryn Campbell said...

Carolyn your card looks so rich and festive. I hope we'll see some of your creations for future Daring Cardmakers dares.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn...I'm back:) I'd like to send you an email invite to a great RAK exchange....if you're interested email me at abbysgarden2008@aol.com.

Abby:)

Chelsea said...

Hi Carolyn, hope you and your family are feeling better. Your card is lovely. Great texture and color on this card. :)Chel

Sandee Shanabrough said...

OMGOSH! This is a masterpiece!!!! Gorgeous!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is absolutely stunning Carolyn!! I love the cardinals, colors, design and all the details!!! This is gorgeous inside and out!! Did you need my address? LOL!
hugs,
Chris

Unknown said...

Wow what a pretty card - its adorable! Love the papers and the awesome layout!The image and sentiment are amazing.I am also buying card for giving gifts to the friends.

r4i kort

sandy said...

wow beautiful card you are so creative, I make cards but haven't for quite a while trying to fond a place in the house I can call my own to make my cards, I wanted to tell you I have a son with autism, I just noticed a post you made about the ebay auction for Autism and yes you are right you have to catch it early we did not and my son is 21 now he is mentally delayed from the autism he is about 5 mentallity its a hard thing to live with he gets fustrated easy, one good thing he is verbal, anyways I couldn't reply to the proper place so i posted here hope you don't mind. Sandy in Canada