~~~

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

MMSC47 Patchwork Quilt Bear Card

Welcome to my blog this morning.  We are on the MMSC47 already.  That just blows my mind for real.  This was a great sketch that Priscilla came up with this week, but another very challenging one.  I flipped the sketch again to suit my card.  Seems like I do that alot I guess.  I tried to do the prairie points for this card to give it the final touch of the patchwork quilt feel .  These cute bears were offered up as freebies at the Cuddly Buddly site.  They have some really cute digis, so I thought I would try one out on my card this week.  My envelope was made once again with the clever design made by Priscillastyles.   If you haven't already done so, drop by her store to check out her envelope kits and the many different varities and samples available.  Just beautiful.  Thanks for being our wonderful sponsor as well as hostess this week/month, Priscilla!

Drop by The Midnight Madness Blog to read the latest and find out what great prizes are being offered.   Sadly, we are saying goodbye to two of our DT sisters this week:  Sue and Jane.  They have shared many laughs and lots of inspiration with us and will be very missed.  We wish them the best of luck with what their future prospects may be.   Change is the one sure thing that we can always count on in life, and with this change, may life offer you many blessings. 



Congratulations to our MMM and MMR winners this week: MMM


#70 Susan Killiam
#24 Guro
#34 Chelsea




Thank you, my friends for sharing a moment of time with me today.  I hope you enjoyed your visit and that you may consider playing along with us at the MMSC.  Feel free to leave me a comment to let me know what you think of my project.  I do look forward to your comments.  I hope to drop by your blogs too.  Have a wonderful week!! 

Challenges for this card:
Crafty creations: Anything goes
Cute Card Thursday: Dimension
Stampin' Sisters in Christ: Paper Tole
The Corrosive Challenge:  Spring/Easter
Cupcake Craft Challenges: Spring/Easter
Gingersnap Creations: Take on a Technique...First time I ever tried prairie points on a card to create a quilted feel.
Hand Full of Stamps: Something Sweet..is there anything sweeter than these bears?
Pile it On: Animal-riffic...I got 2 bears on here : )
Digital Tuesday: Spring
Fab n Funky: Spring
Little Red Wagon: Spring
Cricut Cardz Challenge: Anything goes
ABC Challenge: R..red

27 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so darling Carolyn!! Love the details and your design!! Wowzer!! The button detail on the inside of the card and envi is awesome!! SWEET Bear!! You are such an inspiration my friend! Awesome take on the sketch!!
hugs,
Chris

Denise @ kc242 said...

Carolyn, what an adorable pair! I just love your design and embellishments. As always your image selection and coloring is top notch! You have definately rocked the sketch this week! Love your matching envie too!
Denise

Carol Hurlock said...

Carolyn-This has two of my most favorite things in the world on it....Bears (of course), and quilt details. I love your prairie point. This is just darling and so inspiring. It touches my heart and is so sweet and delightful. Always finding inspiration here at your blog.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Great colorful patchwork button theme on your card. Cute teddies and papers, love the inside too with the stacking and another larger image inside. Thank you so much for your well wishes, I shall miss you all. Hugs, Jane

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Carolyn, this is perfectly adorable. :) Wow! Look at the amazing details inside and the envie as well. All of the buttons are darling!

Priscilla said...

Hi Carolyn, very sweet post today. First your card..your picture look amazing, so keep doing what you are doing. Your card as always is just brillant. Your envy is so charming and just perfect for the card. Thank you for always going above and beyond. I love the whole set. Your post was wonderful and I am procratinating going to Sue and Janes post..I will have to fight back the tears..LOL Thank you my friend
Priscilla

Helen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
Helen x

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

What an ingenious set set, the display of details on the kit and the cover, with buttons and gems, very fun bear card!! I think the inside layers with rotating square are sweet :) xox ~Jeni

Deanna said...

Adorable! Great colors!
Thanks for playing!
Dee - LRW

Carolyn Wolff said...

Love all the details!

Phyllis said...

Carolyn, what a lovely card!! Love those cute little critters!! Great colors and a wonderful job on the lacing and all the buttons. What a precious envelope you created with Priscillas envelope kit!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Christy said...

That is way cute and I love the easel card :)

Sian said...

Beautiful, very sweet.
Sian
x

Kristine said...

Hi Carolyn! LOVE this card so SEW Much!! WOW, okay, your paper tole is awesome (and super cute bears, btw!) and that SKETCH with those papers is ... WOWIE! LOVE this card. Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge at Stampin Sisters in Christ challenges!! *Ü*

Sue said...

Carolyn, your tattered little bear pair are so darling. Love the way you colored them up too. You used such bright fresh colors and the little row of flowers just screams SPRING! Love how you used the buttons on your envie too. Your card is beautiful inside and out. Carolyn, thanks for welcoming me in for the month of March. I had just the best time.

Sue Drees

Linda Ledbetter said...

What a beautiful card! Every little detail is just perfect!

andrea said...

wow stunning card,gorgeous colours,sweet image and all the detail love it thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

Wendy @ E-1-A said...

cool :D

Rosanne said...

Thos bears are too cute! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

PetraB said...

The bears are really darling, your card has a real 'quilt' feel to it.

Lovely Linda said...

Awww Carolyn - this is just so adorable - I love those bears - your colouring has brought them to life - fabulous!! Your patchwork DP is gorgeous too and the flowers, buttons - it all comes together so well - lovely! Your details are always perfect Carolyn - I love coming to check out what you have created! {{{hugs!}}}

Laura said...

You have been busy! Sweet image. Thanks for joining us on Gingersnaps.

Jeri said...

Thanks for sharing your adorable teddy bear card with us at CCC.

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Carolyn, I love these little cuddly buddies bears and your take on this weeks sketch. I have the bears but don't have a color printer so they wouldn't look the same in black and white!! Your colors and flowers really bring Spring to light...beautifully put together as always!
Big hugs my friend!
Charlotte
XXX

Sue McMahon said...

Hi Carolyn! These bears are just adorable and I love how everything coordinates so well together! I love all your buttons you used too! It's been a pleasure being on MM with you! You are such a sweetie!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card. I love the papers and buttons. Thank you for joining in the ABC this time.
Cathy xx

Unknown said...

super cute and sweet, love the colors too!!! thanks so much for playing along with HFOS.
Trish