~~~

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Winter Wonderland!



Just thought I would share our first real snow of the season.  It's not so much yet, but it is still snowing, and my guess is it will get worse before it gets better.  It is December, and I guess we are a little later getting our first snow this year than we normally do anyway, so can't complain too much.  I don't love the snow, and really don't love shoveling it and scraping snow and ice off of vehicles while I freeze my butt off.  However, I do think that snow for Christmas is always beautiful, and if we don't have it, I do feel like something is missing.  It is always such a warm and wonderful feeling to see the snow flying outside for Christmas while we sit inside in the warmth by the fire and the lights twinkling on the tree, and there is nothing like looking out the window on Christmas Eve and seeing the holiday lights shine through the white snow falling from the sky.  One of my favorite sights of the holiday!  I am trying to hold onto those thoughts as I get myself ready to go out and clean up some of this stuff off of the sidewalks ; )

Have a beautiful weekend everyone!



4 comments:

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Very Pretty, I love snow too for Christmas, but then it can go away, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn! Love your photo! It looks like many of us were blessed with a dusting of our first snowfall. I'm jealous you got to take a few photos....I was out all day and missed out on grabbing my camera:( I'm sure there are many to come though, yikes! Thanks for sharing....

Abby:)

Priscilla said...

Hi Carolyn, Your snow looks so pretty..I love it, but only on vacations. I guess I am spoiled by the California sun. I think is is really nice for Chritmas too. Try to enjoy it as much as you can and think happy thoughts while shoveling that snow. Your blog looks wonderful. Keep up the good work here.
Priscilla

Lynn Everett said...

Love the pics. I came from Pennsylvania originally and these pics remind me of there. I now live in Florida, so don't get to see snow very often, except in pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Lynn