~~~

Monday, August 17, 2009

SSCC1 Cornucopia Horn of Plenty Wood Card Harvest or Thanksgiving





Hi~ Just another little post to share with you a card that I made for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. It is a new challenge blog that is just wonderful. What a great place to share with those who believe in Christ and want to share with everyone their amazing faith. Drop over there and check out their blog. It is a wonderful place for inspiration in more ways than one. They have a wonderful stamp set from ODBD that they are giving away as a prize too. Just beautiful! Anyway, this week, they wanted you to create a card with food on it and to ponder the words from Jesus: "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." John 6:35 (NIV)
I found this stamp to be the first one to come to mind for me, so this is what I created. I wanted to make a gatefold card for this because it seemed to fit well and I really was in the mood to make one, since I haven't done one in a little while. I chose traditional harvest colors and colored my image with Prismacolor pencils. If you take notice, I have used wood paper from my good friend Sue's store that I am absolutely loving using on my cards. This particular wood that I chose is rather thick, so this is a very heavy card being that I used the wood inside and out. I used a thinner wood directly behind the image in a darker color and then another thin strip of wood across the bottom with the gems on them. Stop over at Sue's to see if you find any wood paper that you might like to use on your creations. She has some awesome digi stamps too!
I hope you like my card, and please leave me a comment with your thoughts. I love to hear your input. I also hope that you will check out the SSCC blog too. I hope to keep playing with them as often as I can.
Thanks for dropping by for a look, and have a wonderful day!


18 comments:

Kristine said...

WOW...this is just AMAZING Carolyn! :) I noticed that wood paper right off the bat! It's so wonderful. Sue certainly has a very unique product there and awesome store. :) Great gatefold card!

Thanks so much for playing along in our first SSC Challenge and for linking us up! :) Have a blessed day!

Mary Lou said...

Hi Carolyn,
What a stunning card!! The colors are so vibrant and beautiful. I will need to practice with my prismapencils.Very well done.
God Bless
Mary Lou

JenR said...

Beautiful card!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Lovely card, Carolyn! I just love fall inspired cards and you have done such a beautiful job coloring the image (must have taken you forever!!). The gatefold works perfectly with this image and the wood paper really sets the whole thing off. Nice job!

Lorie said...

Wow! That is absolutely beautiful!

Winter said...

So pretty! Love the coloring!

Shawne said...

that is gorgeous, I love the way it opens up and the leaves and trim! Your coloring looks great too!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Great Card Carolyn, very bright vivid colors and I like those tri-fold cards too. What are those vines inside the card and on the background on the front? Very nice.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Only word for this creation my dear friend, "GORGEOUS!" Great color combo and coloring!! Your card is beautiful inside and out!

Sue McMahon said...

WOW! Stunning card, Carolyn! You have really outdone yourself on this one!! BRAVO!!

{{{HUGS}}} Sue

Anonymous said...

WOW is right!! Carolyn, this is sooo gorgeous!! I love the beautiful wooden paper!! The coloring is fabulous!! :) TFS!! HUGS

Benzi said...

This is one awesome card and that wood paper is a must have. I have seen such gorgeous cards made with it. Also, love the inside of your gatefold.

Grace said...

Oh wow! I am breathless! This card is gorgeous!!! Your coloring is fantastic and the inside is too!!! You did an awesome job with this gatefold card and the wonderful ODBd image!!!

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! Gorgeous card Carolyn! You are amazing!! ;)

Hugs...

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love gatefold cards, and this one is magnificent! Now I'm longing for Thanksgiving.

Thanks so much for playing in our first challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!

Karen W said...

I love this card, very pretty and different.

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

This one is so awesome, love that wooden gate feel!

Mary said...

How amazing! Great attention to detail! Thanks for sharing!