~~~

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Old Fashioned Mother and Child Card for The Hotspot..

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all having a good week!  I have to admit, I wasn't quite ready for this post today, but nevertheless, I am going to try to pull it off anyway.  I would like to share a card today that I did for the Hotspot challenge at Studio 313.  There is a great challenge this month that you should really go check out.  If you love the red carpet, the Oscars and all the glitz and glamour that goes with it, you will love this month's challenge.  The challenge is to choose one of the selected Halle Barry dresses for your inspiration and dig into your creative mind to come up with a project to match.  Sound like fun?  I thought so.  Here is what I came up with.  I hope you like it and that you will play along. 





Don't forget to stop by the Hotspot to see more inspiration from the rest of the DT girls. 

Thanks for visiting me today, and please feel free to drop a line and let me know what you think.  I love hearing from you.  :)

Have a wonderful day.


Challenges:
Wild Orchid
Do you stack up
I did it
Thrilling Thursday
Fresh Brewed
Southern Girls
Tip Top Tuesday: I used ALL my favs on this one.
Paper Romance
Scrapbook Sisters
AiFactory
Stampin' for the weekend

14 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh this is gorgeous Carolyn!! I just love the flourishes in the corners, the black and white, the ribbon treatment and your gorgeous coloring!! Beautiful!! What die or punch did you use for the flourished corners?
Hope all is well!
hugs,
Chris

Miranda said...

gorgeous card Carolyn, great colours and lovely details
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

WencheP said...

Fabulous, love the image. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Chris said...

Halle has some awesome dresses, great idea for a challenge.
thanks for playing with us at SFTW.

Peggysue said...

Gorgeous card Carolyn! Love the B&W, the swirly corners and that neat ribbon treatment. I’m glad you joined us for the DYSU Anything Goes challenge & hope to see you again!

Shelly's Images said...

Just beautiful. And I love the ribbon and the embellishments. Thanks so much for joining our ribbon challenge this week at Shelly's Images.

Amy Johnson said...

Such a gorgeous card! I think it looks a lot like the dress!

Loz said...

This is totally awesome Carolyn..Hugs..Loz

craftybunny said...

Absolutely gorgeous.Elegant touch with the swirls and bow.Thanks for joining us at AiFactory :D
Lisa x

Ria said...

Gorgeouss card :) thanks for joining the Paper Romance Challenge this week.
hugss Ria

Vee said...

What a fabulous card!!. Thanks for playing with Top Tip Tuesday this week. Good Luck
xx Vee

Kristine said...

Hi Carolyn... gorgeous b/w card!! Love those fancy corners! =)

Stephanie said...

Very stylish in black and white. Thanks for sharing with us at Shelly's Images.

Dena said...

Very striking! I love the black and white!
Thank you for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
Happy Crafting! Dena