~~~

Friday, August 6, 2010

Vintage Bee Card....Sheer Elegance

Hi Everyone~ I am going to apologize in advance if you don't see me on here too much.  Things in my life right now are really hectic and to put it mildly...stressful.  In a perfect world, I could craft and post something for you every day and would be so happy to do that, but unfortunately, I do not live in a perfect world.  I do visit many of you with envy much of the time when I read of how you can juggle everything in your world, have a loving husband who is supportive of your crafting and still have time to care for your house and your children.  I guess maybe I don't have the organizational skills that I need for the juggling of things, nor do I have the support for free crafting, so it is just becoming harder and harder over time to manage all that needs done and have a content family too.  Some of you know, but many of you don't that two of my children have Asperger's syndrome which is a diagnosis that is on the Autism spectrum.  In addition to that, my older son also suffers from a multitude of other problems.  There have been many things that we have been trying to do over this summer to make progress in helping him, but as much as we want what is best for him and for all of our kids, these things are stressors on a family in general, so things are beginning to eek there way into our lives that are causing us to react to these stressors.  I just wanted to explain briefly to you that if ever I am absent from blogging for a little bit or didn't get a chance to visit you even when I really should, I am just getting a bit overwhelmed with life right now.  I hope that in time things could even out and life could be somewhat normal....or at least manageable.  I can't imagine not crafting anymore at all, but I believe that we are tested every day of our lives in some way, and I hope that I am able to become stronger and get through this test as a better person.   I hope I didn't ramble on too much......and I really want to share something that I have had ready to post for quite awhile now and am just now getting around to posting...

This image is a digital print from Sugar Creek Hollow.  I really loved it from the first time I saw it, and I knew I had to go vintage....and a touch of shabby too.  The flowers and lace ribbon as well as the corner embellishments are from McMahon Five Designs.  I used my copics to color the image and added some sparkle with star dust stickles. 



I hope you enjoy my card, and as always I thank you and appreciate your support of my crafting by your comments and visiting me.  Have a wonderful day.

Many Blessings to you my friends!
Hugs,



Decided to try a few challenges:
Cupcake Challenge: Distressing
Penny's Paper Crafty: Anything
PIO:  Butterflies, Bugs and Bees
Rosie D's:  All creatures..great and small
ABC Challenge: A is for August
Wild Orchid Challenges: Lovely Lace

19 comments:

Edith said...

Oh Carolyn, there are many responsibilities on your shoulders ... You need a bit of fresh air and I think this comes to you at times when you work on your cards. Do not give up, there is always a better day. I wish you all the best ...

This card is beautiful. I love the colors and details you added. Yes, it is a very pretty vintage card:)

Hugs, Edith

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Beautiful card Carolyn. You would have a way to make a bee beautiful!!

I so know what you mean, we will be here for you when you can get away. Things will get better, they do seem to peak and valley. I so know what you you about Children, I have a severely handicapped DD myself.

I have noticed that most bloggers have in many profiles that they have wonderful children and the best man for a husband, well you may notice that mine has never said that!!
I get along the best I can with what I got to work with, LOL. Chin up, my dear! Wishing you brighter days ahead. Hugs, Jane

Rufus said...

Hang in there! Just remember that crafting can be a great reliever of stress. You can just think about your card and let the rest of it go, at least for a short time. You have to lay it all down occasionally to get the strength to pick it up again and go on.

Your card is gorgeous, with tons of well thought out and executed details that all work together. Don't give up on crafting.

Wishing you calm and serenity and brighter days ahead of you.
R/

Abby's Garden said...

Hi Carolyn, I'm really sorry you're going through some tough times right now. I have considered on more than one occasion to no longer blog because I don't have the time to share creations like I used to, but what I have discovered is that there are other parts of me that I want to share and don't take up that much of my time. Maybe sharing stories about your day to day events, perhaps even sharing about the struggles a family experiences and overcomes with the illness would be a way for you to expand your creative side, sort of like a journal. We'd all be here to offer you our support and encouragement...just a thought. In the meantime, here's hoping you'll find a few free moments here and there to create...praying for you:)

Abby:)

Courtney said...

This is stunning! Thank you for playing along with us this at Penny's. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

Sue C said...

Beautiful card Carolyn, your attention to detail is stunning.
I hope life turns a corner for you soon, your crafting will always be there if you get the chance to escape for a short while.

Thanks for joining us at ABC challenge. Sue C x

Catherine said...

This is an outstanding card Carolyn ! Everything is perfect... What a magnificent piece of craft... Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week and good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

Nana said...

Oh, my goodness! This is as pretty as can be! Absolutely stunning!
Thank you for joining us at the "PIO". Hope to see you again!
hugs Nana

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Carolyn I think we all from time to time have a major stress of some sort of other in our lives some more than others, like yourself, have a real rough time of it but you will find so many supportive people in the land of blog, kind and caring people willing to lend an ear.

As for this card what can I say except I love it the vintage look, the flowers, butterflies, lace and image it is absolutely superb wonderful work hun.
Take care
Hugs
Lorraine x

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

I hope you will continue to be optimistic during this period, tough time. Know that we crafting friends are supportive of you and your beautiful work. We will be saying prayers for your happiness - it's coming! for sure! Big Hugs ~Jeni

Helen said...

This is stunning!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

bcriminger said...

So much detail goes into your work, I simply love it! Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog, I love to know that someone is actually looking at my work every now and then. I nanny for a little boy with Asperger's Syndrome, and I couldn't imagine having two. God must have given you a gift of extreme patience. What a wonderful mom to be so dedicated to her kids not to be able to take breaks for herself. We will enjoy viewing your work when you are able, and I will keep you in my Prayers, as well.

Faye said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. Thank you for playing at Cupcake. x

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Carolyn!
Life can be very hard from time to time - and so very unfair! Having two stepchildren with AD/HD and atismrelated difficulties I can somewhat understand the challenge you are faceing every day. It is so hard when you are trying to give them everything - and it is not enough!
You take care of yourself now sweetie! And if you ever need to blow out your frustration - you have my e-mail. ok?

Your card is beautiful! I love what you have done to the crown, and all the sparkle you have added. The colors are so calm and relaxing. It is very, very pretty. You may not get to do much crafting, but you certainly have not lost your touch!

Hugs
Gunn

Monica said...

Awesome cards. You are such a talented lady... Love your creativity.

Monica

The Clip Cafe said...

What a decadent card! Lovely - just joined your bog :-)

Kristine said...

W-O-W! This is absolutely a work of heart!! Love all the glittery touches and all your embellishments are so gorgeous!

Priscilla said...

Thinking of you ... :)
Beautiful card : )
Priscilla

AuntDi said...

You have the prettest cards that I've ever seen. I am new to the card making world and do hope to some day be half as good as you!