~~~

Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Daughter!!

Well, I think I survived the first day of school but with much anxiety this year.  I have never been so nervous about a new school year before, and that is saying something, since I have been a Mom for over 21 years now!  This is my daughter's first year of high school.  My middle son is doing cyber school this year.  I am very nervous about this to say the least, but pray for the best...and my little guy is finishing out his last year of elementary school this year.  The years are just slipping by.  I wish we could slow the clock a little bit and have more time!

So, I have to share with you today a card that I made for my daughter's 15th birthday.  She is a tough one to make cards for.  She loves them all, but they are not always her style.  She is not a "girly" girl by the term, but she does love the things that girls love....lots and lots of clothes, shoes, perfumes...etc.  However, don't mess with this girl.  She is the sister to THREE brothers.... tough as nails, and she does not take a single thing that they have to dish out.  They fear going near her room and always ask me to ask her something if they want to talk to her.  LOL.  Now, I love that this child of mine is so confident and independent....BUT, she needs to take it down a few notches and not always start out on the defensive, right?  

So, having said all that.....this card was made with a bit of some of the things that she loves.  She loves animals and her two birds.  She loves butterflies and the color teal.  She also LOVES books and reads ALOT....so what is going in the inside pocket of this card is a gift card to a book store in our mall here.   If nothing else, I know that part will be a hit :)

This image is from Cornish Heritage Farms and works really well with the Mariposa papers. 

Thanks for visiting me today and sharing a glimpse at what my daughter's special day will hold for her.   Hope you enjoyed your time here and hope to see you again soon.  Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,


Challenges include:
Allsorts:  Garden or Park Inspiration
Bunny Zoe's: Vintage
CRAFT:  Birthdays/Anything goes
Charisma:  Hot~Hot~Hot....mine is a summer time card
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long: Anything but a Christmas card
cotw:  Birthday
Flutterby Wednesdays: Anything with butterfly or fairy
Meljen's: Birthday
OSAAT: Girlie
ODB:  Texture...my paper is shiny, raised embossed//also have a gem flourish
Pollycraft:  A bit of Nature
Sweet Stampin':  Distressed Birthday
Wild Orchid:  Sparkle

25 comments:

Paddington fan said...

Stunning card, love the colours and the beautiful images! Happy birthday to your daughter! Thanks for joining us at O.S.A.A.T this week & good luck in the challenge, love Jacky x

Just A Few said...

What a stunning card!! LOVE it. And I love how you described your daughter. I am mommy to 2 girls and one is girly girly while the other was a tad of a tom boy yet loved all girly stuff. Happy Bday to your lil girl, I hope she enjoys her day and loves her card!
TFS!
Hugs
Elsa
p.s. if you find a way to slow down the clock, please let me know! I also want more time with my girls! :)

.:♥MMDesigns♥:. said...

This is just absolutely gorgeous!!!
I love how you decorated the inside also!
Thanks for joinig us at Pollycraft this week!
Hugs, Marit.

Josephine said...

That's an absolutely stunning card. I love everything about it - colours, image, embellishment. Gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Tamie said...

Your card has the wow factor with the stunning elegance that is just beautiful. I am so excited that you made this card for Sweet Stampin' this week. Totally beautiful.

Tamie - GDT

Dawn said...

Very pretty card, certainly girlie. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week

Dawn said...

Very pretty card, certainly girlie. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh hun I'm sure your daughter will love it, its one heck of a gorgeous card I just love your attention to detail I have looked at it 3 times & each time seen something else that I didn't see the time before lol
Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT hope to see you again next week!!
hugs shell xx

Brenda Brown said...

Oh wow what an absolutely gorgeous card, I love the vintage feel to it, the colours are beautiful and the image with the papers are just stunning. What a great job you have done.
I am glad you came and shared this with us at OSAAT and I hope we see more of your lovely creations soon.
Luv Brenda xxxx

Love crafts forever said...

Wow! Your card are amazing, very beautiful image. And all that sparkles are stunning. Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT this week, and Good Luck.
Hugs, Nataliya.

Mummylade said...

what an amazing card! Thank you for joining my garden challenge at Allsorts with this and good luck.

Suzi said...

What a stunning card, I've just picked my jaw up from the floor. It's utterly amazing, the amount of work you've put into it, but then it's for a very special young lady. I am sure she will treasure it.

Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week with your lovely creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

What a beautiful birthday card for your daughter. :) I hope she has a WONDERFUL DAY! Michelle

Jo said...

STUNNING card! WOW!
so much work and love has gone into this.
Happy birthday to your daughter :)
Thank you for joining us over at sweet stampin
Jo xx

Karen W said...

Wow, this is just beautiful, I love all of it and how you decorated the DP just sets it off.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so gorgeous Carolyn!! I am sure your dd will love it!! The use of the dp and the images with the glitz is stunning. I hope she has a fantastic day!! She is so lucky to have you for a Mom!!

Being a mom is never easy is it...Thoughts are with you as she begins at a new school.

Hope all is well!
hugs,
Chris

Oh...just noticed...Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge. It is so beautifully textured.

Eiglas said...

Oh I DO like this! So unusual and so much detail and stamping.
Love it!
Thank you so much for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Abby's Garden said...

Hi my sweet friend, it seems our girls a bit similar:) Miss Sophie is not your typical "girly girl" either. She definitely knows what she likes (and doesn't like lol)! Happpy birthday to your special girl, I'm certain she will adore your beautiful card....what's not to love:)

Big hugs,

Abby:)

brenda said...

A really super card, thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

p.s: Did you know we are looking for new DT memebrs at our sister challenge Penny Black at Allsorts http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com/

ona_i_ja said...

Your Card is adrobale. I love bird, perles and vintage style. I love it!!!
Great Job!!!

Thank you for playing with us at One Stitch At A Time this week. Good Luck!

Hugs,
Agnieszka

Lauretta See said...

WOW, stunning card! I love this vintage style.. a style i cannot do.. But i doooooooo love it ;) Thank you for playing with us this week on the Meljens challenge. Good Luck!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Carolyn, this is totally breathtaking!!! I absolutely love this card and I am sure your daughter did too!! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh every little detail just makes me say WOW! Absolutely GORGEOUS! Thank you for playing along in the ODBDSLC! Have a great weekend!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

This one is so detailed! the vintage style and the papers, you have worked magic! Your work is inspiring , I made a trifold card after seeing yours :) http://jenislack.blogspot.com/2010/09/custom-card-using-lola-and-simon-stamp.html Hugs! Have a great weekend, xox ~Jeni