~~~

Thursday, July 15, 2010

My First Christmas in July Card : )

Just a quickie post today.  I decided to make many of my Christmas cards this year....Yeah, I know....everyone always says that in July, but come December, do most of us really have done what we want?  LOL.... Well, I am making an honest effort this year, and I am thinking I am getting a pretty good start so far.  This was my first one and not so fancy or anything, but in my case, I will need a good mix of simple to elegant to traditional and everything in between.  I will show you more of what I have been working on in the coming weeks.  This is one of the simpler ones.  The next couple are a bit more dazzling ; )   

I have a couple other things I have been working on too that I will be sharing soon.  I am surprised myself at how much crafting I am actually getting done for it being summer, but the way it has been working is that once hubby gets home from work, he turns the air conditioner on full speed cold, so that we can't even be in that room without freezing to death....so that is usually when I take off to another room with the kids and often times pull out my crafting supplies and let the creative juices begin to flow.   Guess that is just my way of making the best of the situation. LOL...Besides, it gives hubby some quiet time to relax in the evening.  Aren't I sweet??? ; )








I hope you are all enjoying this mid-summer heat.  Thanks for dropping by today for a look.  I appreciate it and as always love to hear your comments.  Have a wonderful day!


A few challenges for this:
AiFactory Challenge~Flowers
Fab 'n' Funky~ Christmas in July
Fussy and Fancy Fridays~Christmas in July
Pixie Dust Studio~Forest Green, Cranberry and ivory
Practical Scrappers~embossing
Stamp Something~Recipe...one dp, one ribbon, one image
The Shabby Tea Room~Christmas in July
Wild Orchid Challenge~Say it with flowers
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round~Anything Christmas

Hugs,

18 comments:

Penny said...

Wow, this is so fantastic, those flowers are so pretty and effective!

thanks for playing in the Aifactory Challenge this week!

Be sure to stop by next thursday for our DT call and Blog hop celebrations!

Abby's Garden said...

Hi Carolyn! You've sent me straight into the Christmas spirit with this beauty! I adore the image and the floral embellishment is beautiful!

Hope your summer is full of sunshiny days!

Abby:)

Nicole said...

Pretty Christmas card! Adorable image and yummy polka dotted paper!! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Edith said...

It is a very pretty Christmas card Carolyn! I love the image, the embossed paper and all the embellishment you added:)

Georgia Ehrmann said...

I am jealous that you are doing your holiday cards already! Super cute card and I love the flowers!Thanks for playing with AiFactory and make sure to stop by next Thursday for our DT call and Blog hop celebrations

Debbie said...

Absolutely adorable!!! I {heart} all the bling you've added to your design! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room and at Fussy & Fancy this week :)

Lisa said...

Wonderful card! Love all the details and embellishments! Thanks so much for playing with us in the Tea Room!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

You are doing it.. Christmas in July - I haven't been able to get to that yet.. :) Grats, and it's so fun and festive! xox ~Jeni

itsabrt said...

What an amazingly detailed card! Thanks for playing along at Pixie Dust Challenges! beth

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Carolyn this is gorgeous what a beautiful design I so love that image and embossing fabulous work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, what a ton of detail on this little cutie. Love that image and love the addition of the flowers and pearls. Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room.

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Beautiful card, many wonderful details. You have a jump on your Christmas cards, LOL. I would love to me on your mailing list. Hugs, Jane

Fink said...

Beautifully stunning card! Thanks for joining us at AiFactory!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous! This card just sparkles and shines! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers!

Margie said...

Thank you for participating with this gorgeous card at the challenge at AI Factory.
Be sure to stop by next thursday for our DT call and Blog hop celebrations!
Hugs

tampatha said...

Awesome card! This is beautiful! Thanks for playing this week at Aifactory and make sure you stop by and check out our DT call and Blog Hop
--Tammy

Corinna said...

WOW this is beautiful! There is NO way I would do this much work for all my Christmas card recipients! LOL

Corinna

Danielle said...

OMG! That's gorgeous! Those will go like hot cakes!

Handmade cards are such a great idea - I've actually been searching for something to get my boyfriend for our first Christmas together. I was thinking of a personalized 1st Christmas ornament... kind of like these: http://www.ornamentsandmore.com/1st-christmas-ornaments.aspx

Maybe a matching handmade card would be nice as well! Keep making more! I'd love to see them!